How would you describe your Jedi way?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 4 months ago #357096 by
It's in the Outer Rim because I think this has nothing to do with the canon of Jediism but please correct me if this topic is in the wrong place, or it is wrong itself. (I completely understand that this is not a roleplay forum, please take what I say as a metaphor. This is my myth.)

What I mean is this:

"If you were a Jedi in the Star Wars, what kind of Jedi would you be based on your lifestyle? How many classes would be there if real-life Jedi were to be classified like their fictional counterparts and how would you ground your descriptions?"

For example, there are three classes in the SW universe as far as I know: guardian, sentinel and consular.

I think of the guardian class like this: They tend to act first (never without thinking, though), do the work themselves and inspire others.
Sentinels get or provide the tools first so they can use their skills at best. They're rather handy than inspirational.
Consulars talk with the people so they can help themselves with their problems. They usually have a calming aura around them.

These descriptions don't mean that a guardian can't talk sense into others or sentinels won't act if they don't have the optimum conditions. This is just about their initial approaches to their situations.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #357110 by Zeth Windwrecker
https://swrpforce.fandom.com/wiki/Jedi_Ranks

Zeth Windwrecker

Teaching Guru: Raxicorico

Apprentices: Open to new students

“No, failure is not the end. It is a necessary part of the path” - Master Eno Cordova

“Remember, persistence reveals the path” - Master Jaro Tapal

“Our mistakes are in the past... It's about what we do next that’s important” - Cal Kestis, Jedi Knight

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 4 months ago #357111 by

Zeth Windwrecker wrote: https://swrpforce.fandom.com/wiki/Jedi_Ranks

Thanks, Zeth! I'm aware of canon descriptions of the classes. What I'm looking for is more of personal descriptions, though. Yet it's completely OK if someone likes to think of them as their canon definitions of course. But these definitions wouldn't give info about real-life Jedi scenarios since most of us don't deal with conflicts through martial arts or the Force powers.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 3 months ago #357219 by
Hey Namara, interesting question!
Never really thought of it, but the last days I followd an old tradition and watched all Star Wars movies, including rogue one and solo.
So... if I were a jedi in the star wars universe, I would prefer the role of the crazylike and hopefully wise consular somewhere on Alderaan (before destruction) or Naboo.
Maybe because I love philosophy, enigmatic talking and good "fight" with words... :)
I don't like crowds and masses of people could be another reason...

but what about you?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 3 months ago #357220 by
Thanks for asking, Vandrar :) And also, thanks for sharing your choice.

I too would be a consular, though I don't have an idea about the planet. Naboo or Coruscant would be good, I guess. But one would lose his sense of humour in Coruscant.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #357309 by Kwitshadie
Took a couple of quizzes on the matter over the years after playing KOTOR, Jedi Sentinel is pretty consistent. :)

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering ~ Yoda
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Kwitshadie.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135