Newbies

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 4 months ago #356151 by
Newbies was created by
Hello I am new and im curious. What kind of things helped you or have you noticed helped others who are just starting out? When my first 30 days are up im definately gonna do the initiate program!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #356153 by
Replied by on topic Newbies
The IP frankly opened my eyes to a world I had never considered. So many Jedi that come to the Temple knew far more about philosophy/mythology than I did when I started. But as Campbell said, I was "caught by the myth" and developed a love for learning that has stuck with me since I first took the oath to become a Jedi.

I'm actually redoing the IP again because it's been so long since I first studied it. It's like reading it for the first time and I feel caught by the myth again.

Hope that helps. Good luck :)
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 4 months ago #356154 by
Replied by on topic Newbies
That helps a ton thank you :)

More
3 years 4 months ago #356174 by Zero
Replied by Zero on topic Newbies
You do know you don’t have to wait to start the ip......you can begin now.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentices: Khwang, Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex

More
3 years 4 months ago #356181 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Newbies
What helps is taking things slowly and in bite sized chunks. Ask for help if you need it, and always put real life first.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, ZealotX,

More
3 years 4 months ago #356233 by Malicious
Replied by Malicious on topic Newbies
When it was my first time here I had difficulty finding where everything was located . Luckily I met Master Carlos and he gave me the run down so it's always handy to know some totjo vets that can help you out . Also lesson 0 on the IP helps a lot too , for the most part being you will learn who has what role in the temple and who can help with what . Learn the chain of command and offices because they will be the people who knows the most about the temple and have the best understanding of the temple . Everyone here is very welcoming and helpful . Ask questions if you need help and don't think you are bothering us because your not .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex, Diana W,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi