Jedi

More
3 years 9 months ago #352875 by Cheb
Jedi was created by Cheb
My Jedi brothers and sisters, We are a community that preaches peace and order in the world. But let's take a good look and what do you see?

I see chaos and not harmony, the world around us is slowly destroyed ... Today, even after a global epidemic that has claimed many lives, people continue as before and the world is no better.

We Jedi, guardian of peace and harmony cannot remain and watch the planet destroy and tear itself apart. We are spread across many countries, we talk about peace, harmony, we watch death around us and yet we do nothing.

We remain hidden behind our screens to speak without acting when we could act. The Jedi that we are must act, we must come out of our shadow and show the world that peace exists and that we Jedi are its guardians.

Every day I watch the world and I suffer. Too many people suffer.
We can no longer sit around and watch the world suffer and die.

We need to act. We have to do something, otherwise what is all this for?

Let's put our knowledge, our wisdom in common and try to make things happen.

Maybe we will come up with something or maybe not, but if we do nothing all that we love and defend will end up being destroyed.

I appeal to your will to want to move the world forward and to your courage to make our world a better world. Together and with the Force we can make it happen.

Let’s not remain anonymous anymore, let’s get out of our comfort and be really Jedi.

Let's work together and try to find actions to carry out.

Actions which resemble us and which are in accordance with the doctrine and the texts which were written by us modern Jedi. Let our hearts and our wisdom light the world and try to protect everything that can be protected.

Let's be Jedi. People have always united to move the world forward and believe that we Jedi can do it.

Let us show that war and violence are not the key to the future.

Let’s show that love and compassion are the power to make things happen.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #352878 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Jedi
Jedi are just people in society, doing what they do for society.

Being a Jedi is not meant to be separate from one's regular jobs, hobbies, or other interests. It's simply a layer of integrity applied to it.

There are doctors who are Jedi who take action everyday, for example. Customer Service reps in dozens of fields count as well.

We are not separate from society, and we are not superheroes out to create revolutions in it.

In any case, I doubt you'll find the next Malcolm X or Martin Luther King on internet forums like these, and they likely won't care about calling themselves something like Jedi either.

This isn't a settlement toward apathy. It's just a reminder of reality.

I don't condone anyone among this community going out to do anything that would put them in harms way because they want to be a heroic Jedi.

Be smart, be careful, and please be considerate of the world around you.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

More
3 years 9 months ago #352879 by Cheb
Replied by Cheb on topic Jedi
At no time do I speak of revolution ...

You are passing my words on for what they are not.

I am not asking people to quit their jobs. Volunteering or other acts do not imply a change of life, only a concrete effort.

But I think we can do something concrete.
This requires discussion and finding the best way to intervene.

Being smart and careful doesn't mean sitting on your couch watching. I just think we have to lead by example. Sometimes it only takes one person, a good deed to make things happen. Together we can do more.

More
3 years 9 months ago #352880 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Jedi
Before going further, ask yourself how much you know what other Jedi here already do/have done. Feel free to contact any of them to ask them as well. You would be surprised.

What I'm saying is, just because you see there are Jedi talking over a forum does not mean that is all Jedi here do.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
3 years 9 months ago #352881 by Cheb
Replied by Cheb on topic Jedi
I do not doubt the actions carried out by the Jedi here. I'm telling you about a common action. Individual actions, although good and effective, joint action has more impact.

More
3 years 9 months ago #352882 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Jedi
What exactly is the difference between an "individual action" and a "joint action" by your meaning? No man is an island. Pretty much every user on this board has internet access, so they must at some point have interfaced with their respective local society at least as needed to obtain it. Chances are most of us have some sort of occupation, many a job, too. Nobody is going through the woods foraging for roots and berries so they have something to eat come sundown, most of us have hoaned specialized skills to contribute to what already is a much larger, communal survival effort at the end of the day.

This may be part of why your post looked a little bit like a revolutionary call to Proteus. It sounds emotional, reactionary, and motivational, like the sort of thing you would hear through a megaphone in a political protest, but not like something you would see in an actual campaign or business road map. What exactly is the problem that you are attempting to address? That the world isn't perfect is a bit of a deepity. It isn't perfect, and until people agree what it even means for it to be so, it never will. That's not a concrete problem any of us can actually solve, either individually or collectively. It's more of an expression of dissatisfaction, maybe frustration, but nothing that can actually be tackled. People are dying? Yes, they are. Mortality is a big part of the reason to care about anything at all. Wars will always exist as long as people refuse to be reasoned with. Diseases will always exist as long as life does, and remedies against them will almost exclusively come about through the efforts of the educated and inventive, and almost never through marches of the masses, no matter how fiery their resolve or how righteous their cause.

In my opinion, most of us may well be better off taking on perhaps one problem at a time, so that we may actually succeed in our quests against them, if we actually compose some sort of solution before trying to gather a mob for our cause. And don't task yourself with fixing everything either. You won't. There is more wisdom, I say, in acknowledging one's limitations, than there is heroism in ignoring them.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
3 years 9 months ago #352941 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Jedi
I don't think that Jedi can save the world unfortunately, individual or group, but if anyone could save the world it might as well be a Jedi! We can't cling to what we think is normal, right or preferred when it comes to things outside our control.... we just have to better adapt to being better Jedi.

So the most base level is probably leading that effort at the individual level by being an example of your own belief system, that is; applying it in all aspects of thought and action throughout your life.

Beyond that it's a time and resource exercise where 2 people can do more then 1, 3 can do more then 2 etc. But for that to happen there has to be that base foundation of integrity and commitment which then happens to be in alignment with each other at a sufficient extent to not torpedo it or easily waver.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

More
3 years 9 months ago #352943 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Jedi
There is a thought and even an idea out there that one person can balance the world. It’s the individual that makes the masses. It’s individuals that make waves or ripples of peace and love. It’s the same people who can makes waves of silliness and terror too.

Be the change you wanna see or need - being a Jedi has changed this Guys life that’s for sure.

Even if we grouped togeather in the real world of issues - I don’t think the public would understand it. To me, to understand thing like this ya gotta be a part. Most time what we pen as the Force can always be credited to some one or something else - for me - that’s ok. It matters not where or who food comes from some days - feeding hungry can mean anyone, even our own circles.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Cheb

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 7 months ago #353687 by
Replied by on topic Jedi
Cheb

I really enjoyed your motivation And Passion you bring to the table it reminds me of the sith
They have the Passion , drive And endurance to bring order to things

They do not sit idle by singing around the camp fire believing everything is at peace.
When people are suffering and sweating and have Passion to bring change. Watching while millions ! of people are dying of starvation because of the financial crisis caused by the lock down . I understand thousands of people have died because of this latest virus.
And yes we know on average 650000 people die every single year of the common flu And respiratory symptoms.
But how do we jedi help?
For example the chair they are sitting on or the plate they did not make or the food they did not harvest !!! someone was out there working the land with sweat and tears And with Passion to bring change and to help other people
Whether it's the men who built the roads we could walk on or who made the clothes for us we did nothing to make it. Same thing with the metal And plastic Our computers are made of

Most of us sit back and think how smart we are how we're helping the world to bring peace to it when from other's eyes .....
"We are just lazy , weak , And sitting back thinking we are wiser and somehow better than others. When we bring nothing but A waste of time to the table of the world.

When in fact it may be better if we just stay on our computers and get out of the way while real men and women are actively changing the world for the better."
Of course that's just one opinion I heard someone say 1 time.

But that's not my opinion I'm just a regular person dreaming to be a real jedi when I grow up and know and feel what the force really is.

So for now I must go back to the temple and study. :)

More
3 years 7 months ago #353750 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Jedi
Is there a specific thing you would like us to do? If you can not lead, you must follow...

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi