How have you been so far?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 weeks ago #350313 by
How have you been so far? was created by
Hello, everyone, I'm a little curious about how everyone has been lately due to the viruses and such but I hope you've had a good year so far, may the force be with you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #350317 by Carlos.Martinez3
Truthfully - I haven’t been yet but I’m due soon to visit the VA in North Carolina and I’m told every one will be checked for it as they enter.
I’m not sure the fear I got with it honestly. I’m a old medic in the Army so I’m not saying that to diminish anything- but this might not be the last attempt like this. I’m not a bubble suit kind of person or parent. So the kids are still out like normal when we visit restaurant or the mall, but I’m also not going to take them to the VA or hospitals with me..or murder scenes, or war zones, etc.

It seems my year started in November of last year.
I finally can see a lot of things here in the Temple and in real life come to life. This year has been ready for me it seems. Thanks for asking - Howzit ? How is it with you friend?
What ya got so far this year?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skryym

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 weeks ago #350321 by
Replied by on topic How have you been so far?
It's actually been not that bad, a few issues here and there but all is good. Thank you.

More
4 years 1 week ago #350533 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic How have you been so far?
I'm fortunate enough to live in a sparsely populated area, so the spread has been minimal here.

I recommend to people that they only watch as much news as to be informed and turn it off when it starts getting scary. As long as we follow the guidelines, there's no need to panic.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.

More
4 years 1 week ago #350534 by Vampiric_Conure
We just got our first few cases of coronavirus, so they're starting to close down libraries and what not for a few weeks. Scary yet at the same time, I'm glad the gov't is taking precautions!

The place I sometimes volunteer at is currently closing until things blow over. Then my local parrot cub meeting was cancelled until next month. Scary when it hits this close to home.

Beware of dog? Forget the dog, BUDGIE IS A KILLER, TOO!

Teaching Master: Edan

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #350543 by For-Emris
Replied by For-Emris on topic How have you been so far?
In my country - 7 sick people. Introduced a nationwide quarantine. In all cities, where there is a subway, it was closed.. Only ten people can get on the bus. A lot lot of companies send people on vacation without salary.

Love is a manifestation of the Force that unites all living creatures ...
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by For-Emris.

More
4 years 1 week ago #350560 by Skryym
Replied by Skryym on topic How have you been so far?
I am currently working in a US territory, and have a flight booked home on Saturday. The Virgin Islands had its first confirmed case the other day, and I hope I can leave before things get bad. I'll be grateful if I can make it home without catching something in the airports, and I don't fear for myself as I'm relatively young and healthy but I am worried about elderly loved ones and any areas with poor health infrastructure.

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
TM: Loudzoo
Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal

More
4 years 1 week ago #350561 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic How have you been so far?
I'm working from home, but I will definitely not meet my sales quota this month, haha.

Our country is in lockdown, we've seen an exponential surge in confirmed coronavirus cases, we are up to 155 in our rather small 16 million population.

I get to spend more time with my wife and kids, so that's been nice. Plus we are stocked with enough noodles and tuna to last a few more weeks without having to order anything from the market.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #350584 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic How have you been so far?
Had a flu for just over 3 weeks, still hanging around on the chest. Didn't stop me though, as my 'work' is mostly me doing gardening on my own or doing admin online/phone.... and that is why its probably why its still hanging around! If I'd got sick now instead of 3 weeks ago, I'd self isolate, but back then the odds were slim and as an introvert my world is already constructed of social distancing :D

I've got about 2 month of food supplies, and a week of water... not enough toilet paper but that sort of thing is not going to kill ya lol.

Don't know anyone who is confirmed with it, but lots of flu going around for being out of flu season here.

I did have a bit of contact with a Chinese real estate agent throughout 2019, and my in-laws nursing home is mostly staffed by Filipinos and Indonesian's.... so anything is possible. What I got was an unusual flu, not 'bad' by my standards of flu's, but quite distinct and mature in its phases as if it would have kicked my butt if it wanted to. Doubt it was SARS-CoV-2 but they have limited testing here so no-way of knowing if it was or was likely to be. So, live life responsibly, deal with it on a personal level, and move on and confront each challenge as required pragmatically while on the best footing for the unexpected.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Skryym

More
4 years 1 week ago #350585 by Vampiric_Conure
Ick ick ick @ the flu lingering! I know if I ever catch a flu it would land me in the hospital. Between the immune compromised body and the asthma and heaven knows what else (Disbetes. Sigh), I'd get quite sick and fast. A regular cold lands me with a case of bronchitis for 3 weeks and a cough that lasts as long as 4-5 weeks.

SOoo yeah. I self isolate and keep the spirits up by playing on the internet. :) Or play with the dog.

Beware of dog? Forget the dog, BUDGIE IS A KILLER, TOO!

Teaching Master: Edan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi