Dreams

More
4 years 1 month ago #350069 by Cheb
Dreams was created by Cheb
Hello, Do you think the Force can communicate with us through dreams?

I have always read that dreams are just a way for the brain to transmit and analyze the things it had unconsciously recorded during the day.

However, I sometimes had dreams that contained an element that happened later. 15 days ago I dreamed of something and part of this dream happened in the following days suddenly my reaction was different because it was as if I already knew it. Normally I will get angry but I am calm without reacting too much. This is not the first time this has happened to me.

What do you think ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #350070 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Dreams
Yeap. I find it frustrating as usually it's hard to predict what it refers to until it happens.... for at the time of dreaming its not yet known and therefore unknown. Doesn't happen often, and given those things it's an easy skill to lose. To me it's as if the future leaves an echo in time which a dreaming imagination can tap into and reconstruct things which resonate with one's deeper values.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
4 years 1 month ago #350072 by Cheb
Replied by Cheb on topic Dreams

Adder wrote: Yeap. I find it frustrating as usually it's hard to predict what it refers to until it happens.... for at the time of dreaming its not yet known and therefore unknown. Doesn't happen often, and given those things it's an easy skill to lose. To me it's as if the future leaves an echo in time which a dreaming imagination can tap into and reconstruct things which resonate with one's deeper values.

I agree, I try to be attentive to each of my dreams in order to be able to anticipate but it is difficult because it represents a lot of data and most of them mean nothing. I will try to meditate and practice on the subject, maybe I can find answers.

More
4 years 1 month ago #350073 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Dreams
That's kind of the issue, though, isn't it. If they were genuine precognitions, some actual communications of a universal spirit that were meant to tell us of the future, we wouldn't be stuck completely unable to tell what part of the dream is the message and what isn't. We would be able to assess what to expect and when or under which circumstances to expect it, just like with any other useful prediction. Not only do our dreams never tell us anything specific enough to expect it in advance rather than retroactively rationalize it after it happens, they of course also never tell us anything generally unexpected or surprising that later happens either. Most things we think to ourselves we saw in a recent dream are very mundane things that either happen often or that we had consciously or subconsciously gathered enough information to expect them to happen likely.
The strongest examples we tend to give is when we dreamt of a long lost acquaintance only to receive a message from them within the week. One can nitpick at that about specificity and especially expiry. Is the dream still prophetic if we hear from our friend not a week but a month from the night of the dream? What if it happens only the next year? When is the time after which we say "alright, that dream was not prophetic after all"? But that aside, if our birthday isn't within that week one may say that this is unexpected all the same. Still, this is something that happens all the time, to people who do and who do not dream of their respective long-forgotten friends a few days before the event. Not to mention how many old friends we think of only to not hear from them again soon after!

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
4 years 1 month ago #350076 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Dreams
Each modern day a Jeddist has the right and the gift to be able to define which Force we choose and have faith in. It’s more of a human thing really. You can choose your faith and even create something old or new. Up to you. Some say they were chosen some choose either way - “the Force” can be broad or as finite as we use. Can that force we choose to follow or seek or even choose to share - can that - speak to us in dreams - it does me all the time. Day time night time - where I put my heart - that’s kinna where my reality sits - in my focus. Where I look is what I think sometimes.
There are real terms for everything now a days and so many different ways to describe the same vinegar we all taste.
When I’m with the Force - My mind goes to people hearts ideas - it reminds me and binds me to those around me I actually spoke to and took time and effort toward, awake or asleep. Some days I can sleep and some days I can’t but that’s not a force thing more than a ornery thing from my own character.
Dreams can come from anywhere nowadays.
They can come from a great moment in life or memory or even a bad taco from a place called Chikos Tacos in a border town on the American side. What we do with them - that’s one of the big questions we as modern day Jeddist have the opportunity to answer for each of us. What do you do with the things ya find ... Force we share continue to be with you -
Pastor Carlos

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #350077 by
Replied by on topic Dreams
There is definitely power in dreams. But a lot of times they need interpreted. if I have a dream and I cant make sense of it I consult with my guides and they usually have more information than I could figure out. This is an impotant step in figuring out the meaning of the dream if it is to give some idea of the future. I have found that most dreams have some elements of my own future as well as the elements of others futures. this makes up the most of the dream. most of the time though we never know about the other elements because we never get told. so pay attention to those dreams and the people close to you!

More
4 years 1 month ago #350080 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Dreams
So at what point does a dream's content become decipherable and meaningful? And are all dreams that way?
Because really anyone could interpret a dream however they want, but if say there's a perfect dream translator, would they be able to take the content of your dreams and accurately understand what they meant and be able to give specific predictions based on it?
I mean it's imo like horoscopes, in that if you give vague enough answers, it's hard to be wrong. And our confirmation bias really kicks into high gear at that point.
If you want to test dream content, write down dreams immediately after waking, and separately log interesting events that occurred during the day. Take the dream log to a translator, and ask them for a prognostication. If the translator gives you answers which match up with your actual results more than they would by chance, you can make a claim that there may be something to it.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

More
4 years 1 month ago #350082 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Dreams

Gisteron wrote: That's kind of the issue, though, isn't it. If they were genuine precognitions, some actual communications of a universal spirit that were meant to tell us of the future, we wouldn't be stuck completely unable to tell what part of the dream is the message and what isn't.

From my POV it's more like actively tuning into an existing carrier wave, then interpreting a received communication. Its usually full of static, but sometimes Mozart comes through crystal clear proverbially speaking.

Gisteron wrote: Not only do our dreams never tell us anything specific enough to expect it in advance rather than retroactively rationalize it after it happens, they of course also never tell us anything generally unexpected or surprising that later happens either.

I used to belive that, because its the most rational explanation.... until experiencing otherwise. And I have a high bar for assessing it IMO. I ignore a lot of great stuff which could be coincidence, shaped or just wished.

Gisteron wrote: Most things we think to ourselves we saw in a recent dream are very mundane things that either happen often or that we had consciously or subconsciously gathered enough information to expect them to happen likely.
The strongest examples we tend to give is when we dreamt of a long lost acquaintance only to receive a message from them within the week. One can nitpick at that about specificity and especially expiry. Is the dream still prophetic if we hear from our friend not a week but a month from the night of the dream? What if it happens only the next year? When is the time after which we say "alright, that dream was not prophetic after all"? But that aside, if our birthday isn't within that week one may say that this is unexpected all the same. Still, this is something that happens all the time, to people who do and who do not dream of their respective long-forgotten friends a few days before the event. Not to mention how many old friends we think of only to not hear from them again soon after!

Yea that stuff is normal and not what I'd call prophetic. To serve as any sort of proof it would need to be high fidelity (clear. and strongly formed), entirely foreign in location and participants (ie where the heck is this) and picture perfect to the subsequent real event. Otherwise there be too many variables to be sure. That said dreams are still of symbols and some elements get done over so others have higher detail.... it seems this is part of the tuning in process as we only have so much power to receive, build and interpret reality all at the same time. The tuning in is hard enough let alone having a frame of mind enough to balance the formation and interpretation of it. Its happened to me a couple of times before certain tragedy in different parts of the world, once while meditating! Unfortunately I can't just turn it on.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi