Force visions and the unconscious sleep .

More
4 years 4 months ago #346281 by Malicious
Personally I don't dream much maybe once a month and on rare occasion two-three times a month . I have had rare occasion where I have had dreams that in a sense maybe a portion of the dream came true . I don't really have an explanation of this but would like your thoughts on this . If you had any dreams like this feel free to post them here !

Now I will share some examples of this .
There are four times that this has happened to my recollection . The first was when I was about six years old . My dad just bought this white Pontiac and a few weeks later I had a dream we was driving towards a small town we live near Laurel and a deer jump in front of the car but I thought it was just a bad dream but about 3 days later it actually happened luckily no one got hurt except the deer . The second time was around a year later , it was that my grandma was going to buy a house with a large pine tree . In the dream me and one of my cousins were climbing the pine tree and a branch broke but it was unclear who fell because I heard a scream and woke up . She did end up buying a house with a large pine tree which I did enjoy climbing . About a month later me and my cousin was climbing the pine tree and he was about 10 feet up and a limb broke causing him to fall when that occurred I figured out that I was the one screaming . It was a few years before this happened again when I was around 15 , but it wasn't accident prone this time . I had a dream me , my older brother and some girl was jogging down a hill in the middle of the night but that was it . My dad got an apartment in connersville and I stayed the weekend over there , one of my dad's friends came to visit him and he brought his older daughter . They lived in the area and his daughter asked if me and my brother wanted to go walking and so we did . We was supposed to be back before dark but we walked a decent distance from the apartment so we started jogging and even took a shortcut to get there faster . We eventually came to the hill in my dream and got home luckily my dad wasn't mad . The final time so far was a month ago . In the dream I was at my grandma's throwing my knives at a tree which I frequently do and I got a cramp in my arm which caused one of my knives to bounce back and it hit me in the head , right when it did I woke up . Two days later I went outside to throw my knives at the tree . I was out there for a little bit and my arm started to get sore so I decided after this one last throw to call it quits . My arm cramped up while throwing the knife and it rebounded coming straight for my head . At the last second I dodged it .

These are my experiences on this subject . I knew that in the movies there was such a thing as Force vision that shows you a glimpse into the future . Maybe this is a real life instance of this happening or it might be just coincidence I don't know .

All that I ask is that this thread remain civil and have a good discussion on the matter .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Jake Nislan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #346284 by Rex
Deja Vu is a memory trick in your brain. After waking up, jot down your dreams (you have roughly 15 minutes if I remember correctly). If they come true after that point, then you have a case.

I dream a lot, and had several occasions where that happened. Then after I started a dream journal, deja vu experiences couldn't be traced to a specific entry in my journal.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malicious

More
4 years 4 months ago #346285 by Adder
Dream work is a big part of my training. I've had a variety of higher fidelity stuff, even some solid premonitions.... solid enough to theorise with :D

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malicious

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346290 by
Force vision is a real thing. Definately try and write your dreams down. Also before sleeping spend 10 mins I. Meditation and repeat the montra I will remember my dreams tonight. It will help a lot to develop your power!

More
4 years 4 months ago #346301 by Malicious
Well usually it takes me 20-30 minutes to go to sleep anyways . Meditation is about clearing one's mind but my mind is naturally empty so I don't know if it would help . If anything in the definition sense I am meditating before I go to sleep . I will try repeating : I will remember my dreams tho . Usually when I do have a dream I remember it because it is rare for me to have one . But I will start writing down them in the future . Meditation really doesn't work for me because of what I stated before . Everyone meditates to have an empty mind so they can reach enlightenment but I have it naturally but I do not consider myself enlightened , well I do have knowledge beyond my years but that's about it . Some people meditate in a way to reflect on one's self but I am at peace with myself .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

More
4 years 4 months ago #346315 by Alethea Thompson
;) WARNING: I'm going to get fairly religious below

I've had Deja Vu and I've had visions. The first time for a vision I could prove was during the event that eventually led me to the Jedi Community. I won't get into specifics, but there will be a bit of information below.

But the second time was while I was asleep. I DID write the dream down because it was so vivid (I'm sure I left it in my Skyline back in Japan). I even had dates and times of when it would occur. And it frightenly did. I had written about it on the old FA boards in one of my holocrons after the event happened. They didn't have a copy of my writing, but I had shared it with a friend before it happened, and had them read the writing the day I saw the event (a plane crash in the middle east, with a newlywed couple on their honeymoon).

I remember a friend telling me I should have said something to someone, and maybe it could have been prevented. That comment got me thinking about the nature of such visions of the future and what their purpose is.

And after a lot of contemplation, I came to a different conclusion than what most people around me have come to understand of visions.

The first vision was a warning to me of what would happen if I kept on a specific path. I've known that since I had it, because I was told by the entity which delivered the message to me (yes, I not only believe in the Abrahamic God, I believe I was visited by an Angel of the Lord...and it wasn't a fond memory).

The second came around a time (a fairly extended time) when. I was ready to write off that visitation as being something in my imagination. It wasn't a warning, but I've come to believe it was actually given to me to illustrate that there is something higher (God) out there that I'm supposed to be pursuing, and He's not in my head.

As I've poured over the Bible, I've come to realize that some visions are intended to provide a carrot to pursue righteousness, others are intended to be evidence pointing to divine players, and all are intended to call you to search for spiritual truths which help you become a better person. But none are present for you to try and prevent in the same manner you might if you got tomorrow's newspaper today (I may have just dated myself with that reference, assuming anyone actually watched the show! XD), and honestly I don't even think it's intended to cause you to pursue visions of the future (of course, I pull that theory from a Biblical reference, that it is only "A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign," [Mark16:4], and thus it's a value I assign to my beliefs and not necessarily one another faith would agree with).

For my own part, the Prophetic Gift has become a major topic of focus for me, and I'm working (albeit slowly) on writing up my findings as I work through the Bible, and comparing it against the way Prophecy is used in the modern church. Whether I'll release my findings or not...well that's still up in the air. For now, I'm waiting to have enough money to buy the most expensive book I'll ever have in my personal library (it's nearly $100) so I can work out the other pieces of the puzzle I might be missing.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Malicious, Jake Nislan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346324 by
This is a great thread ... I wish I had time to respond to every post so far!

There's a lot of mystery about dreams, even if they're viewed from a purely secular mindset. Some seem like just weird assemblies of improbable plots of which we can make no sense, other than to wonder why they occur in just the way they do. But then there are others ...

I am thinking of two, and one was actually the dream of a friend. His was the more prophetic. I learned of it during the simple act of driving to lunch with him. We'd parked in the lot of our selected restaurant, and as we walked toward the door I made some comment - I do not remember what it was. But I remember my friend stopping dead in his tracks, facing me, waving his arms and exclaiming in astonishment "I dreamt this! I dreamt this! We were walking up to this door, and you were standing right there, and you said just that!" He had no interest in or inclination toward paranormal events that I knew of, and his shock and excitability showed it. The reaction I saw was so powerful that I have no doubt he was remembering a dream. Why it was of that particular rather ordinary situation, I do not know.

My most striking dream came many years ago. I dreamt I was a 20th-century soldier (a role I have not ever assumed in waking life) in a jungle area, and as my compatriots were in retreat under fire I determined to single-handedly attack an overwhelming enemy. I charged bravely for a few seconds, after which I was unsurprisingly shot. I immediately awakened, and faster than instantly knew that the dream was pointing out to me a particular personal weakness. Only a little bit more slowly than instantly I was upchucking in front of the commode, my psyche apparently deeply shaken. I was sick the entire next day, and had to stay home from work. The odd thing is that about midday, I managed to go outside to pick up the mail. The friendly boy who lived next door was outside, and when he saw me he asked why I was at home. I explained I didn't feel well, and he said, almost Yoda-like, "Did you sleep?" When I answered yes, he smiled and asked, "Did you dream?" It was like an underline to the night's experience. I have no idea what motivated that boy to ask those questions, and it's always seemed both fascinating and eerie to me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346339 by

Dakini wrote: Do you believe in reincarnation? Because if you do (as I do), it may have been a memory resurfacing that showed you how your weakness is deep-rooted in your soul...

Yes, I absolutely do. And you're entirely right ... the character trait I needed (and actually still need, to some degree) to work on has been with me my entire life this go round. I'm inclined to think I came in with it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346346 by
Lucid dreaming can be the first step to astral projection as well. If you dont know what lucid dreaming is, it starts with really focusing on your dreams like I said above and then its about taking control over those dreams. in this state you can actually read books and stuff (something you cant do in normal dreaming) and then once you have this sort of control you can begin to work on visiting other places in your astral body.

More
4 years 4 months ago #346348 by OB1Shinobi

Fyxe wrote: Lucid dreaming can be the first step to astral projection as well. If you dont know what lucid dreaming is, it starts with really focusing on your dreams like I said above and then its about taking control over those dreams. in this state you can actually read books and stuff (something you cant do in normal dreaming) and then once you have this sort of control you can begiin to work on visiting other places in your astral body.

Ive mentioned lucid dreaming to you multiple times, glad to see youve picked up on it. Heres a chance to be honest: have you developed this skill?

People are complicated.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi