Lightsaber Reverse Grip

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #335388 by
Lightsaber Reverse Grip was created by
What do you think of them? :)

https://www.deviantart.com/zylo-the-wolfbane/art/Reverse-Grip-Lightsabers-155447139

they look like they can be awkward but maybe they can be useful. I feel like new types of lightsabers should be made. Would love to see one make this and use it in real life.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #335390 by
Replied by on topic Lightsaber Reverse Grip
Those sabers in particular? Well, they seem like they'd be expensive to make, for something you can do better with a standard saber.

This is a video of Ionaki, who taught me all I know about reverse grip with a lightsaber, creator of the Anaeos form:

With those sabers, you'd be greatly limited. They'd be heavier, and quite awkward. Prolly the reason no one uses them. If you want to get into reverse grip, I'd recommend a thin, standard saber. Prolly something like the shoto or apprentice tier sabers from saberforge. It requires a ton of wrist flexibility and advanced footwork, since you essentially need to overcompensate every swing since you're striking with the pommel. So something that won't put unneeded stress on your wrists and arms..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi