December 18th Resolutions

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330884 by
December 18th Resolutions was created by
So, Twigga and I were discussing goal setting and resolutions a few days ago.

And, we brought up the fact that so few people actually make it through the first few weeks of their new year’s resolutions.

I’m sure there are any number of reasons for that:
1. We’re a lazy bunch of meat sacks.
2. Change is hard. Voluntary change is harder.
3. There is a ton of pressure to stick with something... social pressure, intrapersonal pressure... hell, who wouldn’t give in?
4. I’m sure you’ve got an excuse lined up, so I’ve provided number 4 as a fill in the blank. _________ <— insert excuse there.

I’ve been at number 4 myself many times. That’s why I feel so comfortable calling you out.

Here’s what I discovered this past year about making change:
Stop making change a big deal. And, just do it. It’s only a big deal if you make it one.
Don’t wait for an energetically big date to make change. In fact, use those as a measure for change already made. Last year, I started making dietary changes, idk, on like... memorial day? I can’t even remember.
Make the changes small enough that the energetic cost isn’t overwhelming. Build this power up over time.
And, lastly, stop talking about these changes you’re going to make.my policy now is to only talk about what I’ve already done.

So here’s how this thread will work. Start making your changes now. What is your resolution? What have you resolved to do? And what are you going to do about it today? Right now.

Once you’ve done it, come back and tell us what you already did.

I’ll tell you mine. I resolved to lose 50 lbs before I graduate my post-grad program in May. But, I have to change it because I’ve already lost 30 lbs. whoops. So, I’m upping it to another 30 lbs in the next 4 months.

I’m calling you out. Let’s go. 2019 is your year, friend.

-Zeph

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi