End Times in Jediism

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago #325459 by
End Times in Jediism was created by
IS there such a thing in Jediism? I figured that there likely wouldn't but wanted to ask as many religions, although not all, have their own idea of what an end times is. Most go through some turmoil and then paradise or really just paradise without an apocalypse per se or that things will revolve in a cycle like Hinduism and Jainism.

What are your thoughts? :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #325461 by
Replied by on topic End Times in Jediism
Pretty sure its when the Sith stroll in and go all Operation Knightfall on us.

But seriously, no. That would require prophesy, and no one has claimed to be a prophet of Jediism (or, at least, none that were entirely sane). But, personally, the end times when it comes to Jediism would be the end of what Jediism is, people seeking answers. And that, a moment as dark as that, when people give up and go mad and stop seeking to better themselves, would be the end times of the human race as we know it, as I see it.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by .

More
5 years 8 months ago #325469 by Locksley
Replied by Locksley on topic End Times in Jediism
Something like the "end times" would as Arisaig pointed out, require some form of prophecy. I can't say that trucks with logic or any sense of reality. Better to pay attention to historical cycles and attempt to understand the conditions of individual and group psychology; why do humans do the things they do, what patterns can be located? There are periods of history which can be characterized as "darker than others" but this has nothing to do with some sort of divine procedure and everything to do with the simple facts of life on a finite world as beings devoted to the laws of endless consuming.

Right now, in the world, major global changes are taking place... but these are human-induced changes, not biblical ones, and there is no reason to believe that there will be any sort of reprieve for "believers" of any type. Rather, I believe that it is up to all people to do what we can to secure our future -- for the simple sake of our species and all the other species of which we have become unintentional stewards. Not against some biblical fallout, but against our own naivety and shortsightedness.

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

More
5 years 8 months ago #325534 by Alethea Thompson
What I love about Jediism is the fact we DON’T worry about The end, we don’t even focus on life after death beyond idle explorations. What we focus on is what we are doing here and now, and maybe planning a few steps ahead to keep the project going.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Skryym

More
5 years 8 months ago #325545 by Skryym
Replied by Skryym on topic End Times in Jediism
I don't believe there is an end. The universe is not moving toward an end; it is simply moving in its own direction. This future may or may not involve humanity. That said, there will be end to humanity. Maybe we'll disappear in a brilliant asteroid impact or kill ourselves slowly through disease, climate change, war, and scarcity. Or maybe, as Arisaig said, we stop seeking answers, cease to be human, and become something worse.

The grim truth is that everyone will eventually die, and everything we know we eventually descend into chaos. Entropy will always win. I think about this a lot. Why am I pursuing a career in ecological restoration when every ecosystem will eventually succumb to human or natural succession? Why do healthcare workers suffer through 16 hours shifts when every single person will ultimately die? Religion and "end times" doesn't given an answer, it only enforces a state of depression and inaction. There are some paths of philosophy, in which I would include Jediism, which assert that actions must be ends in themselves. No action should be done for an end, as every end is ultimately meaningless. But meaning can lie in the action itself. Planting a tree is a good action not because it will save the world but because it is the right thing to do. Taking care of people is not important because they should live forever, but because it is the right thing to do. The end will come, whether is brought about by mankind, nature, or the hand of an angry Abrahamic God. But it's like Alethea Thompson said. Jediism isn't focused on the end. It's focused on the here and now.

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
TM: Loudzoo
Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi