So, is Kyrin banned forever, or what?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #322429 by

JamesSand wrote: On a semi related note, Kyrin has (outwardly) been steadfast in a certain interpretation of "self" and "jediism", if that can be taken at face value, then a day, week, month, or year without access to a website will do no harm whatsoever.

Thank goodness Kyrin's interpretation of self or Jediism is not the cause of the ban, then...
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 10 months ago #322430 by Brick
You're right Ari, the rule breaking of one person should NOT excuse whatever rule breaking one may do in retaliation to the first. If a group of people are all breaking the same rules then they should get the same punishment.

If Kyrin broke the rules and insulted someone, the other person should be Jedi enough not to rise to it.

Obviously there are extreme case where rising to it is forgivable - if I'm having a disagreement with someone and they shoot me, and I then shoot them back I can claim it was self defence. And I met get let off. But if I then repeatedly engage in discussions with that individual and the same thing repeatedly happens, I don't think I can continue to claim self defence.

Regarding the 'week long attacks' I can find one thread post, and 6 shoutbox comments (4 of which were made 24 hours prior to her banning, so were clearly made under particularly heated situations). Admittedly I don't have access to any PM's that were sent or off site correspondence.

There is also another major topic of hostility that has not being covered. Kyrin clearly presents herself in a certain form, and there are individuals here who repeatedly refuse to acknowledge her in that form.

Now I'm not one to complain about people excising their rights to free speech, but I think we all know that it's quite disrespectful (and arguably, openly hostile) to do this. So that might also play into the reasoning behind why she became so personal towards certain individuals.

Again, I'm not at all condoning her actions. I just think that her punishment is A.excessive and B.Unfair that's only her being punished when the council's representatives have openly acknowledge that she's not the only person to blame for it.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Amaya,
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #322431 by Zenchi
Just to put things into perspective, Kyrin's last post I believe was made in the thread listed below. I'd called her out on her overly aggressive nature multiple times in the forums and the shoutbox after weeks and weeks of going unchecked, and suggested my apprentices cease engaging all together as they weren't helping the situation. Kyrin hanged themself, frankly surprised it took as long as it did before anything disciplinary was done as its not the first time they've been banned...

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Jediism/121248-rituals-daily-or-otherwise?start=10

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd,
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #322432 by JamesSand

If a group of people are all breaking the same rules then they should get the same punishment.

If enough people break the same rules, you either have to change the rules, or you might not have much opportunity to enforce them for long.

et tu, brute? etc etc.

Just to put things into perspective, Kyrin's last post I believe was made in the thread listed below...

www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Jedii...r-otherwise?start=10

I don't think there is any reason to get defensive and provide "evidence" for the decisions made or anyone's position.

Anyone who cares can easily see Kyrin either has a cognitive problem, or is deliberately provocative, and is rarely willing to simply "raise an interesting point" and instead straps a saddle to it and rides it full pelt at anyone willing to joust.

I suspect what has people's knickers bunched is...well, you could call it cowardice, or a general lack of conviction.

Someone made a decision (right, wrong, I'd struggle to care less) and everyone is, one way or another, feeling a bit....namby-pamby, about who made it, why they made it, were they in a position to make it? who do they think they are? not my real dad, certainly, and look at those puppy dog eyes, how can you stay mad forever?
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Brick
More
5 years 10 months ago #322433 by Brick

JamesSand wrote: If enough people break the same rules, you either have to change the rules, or you might not have much opportunity to enforce them for long.

et tu, brute? etc etc.

Agreed, but then nobody should be getting punished lol. The point is that everyone should be treated equally in their punishment, or lack of it

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #322434 by

Brick wrote: You're right Ari, the rule breaking of one person should NOT excuse whatever rule breaking one may do in retaliation to the first. If a group of people are all breaking the same rules then they should get the same punishment.

If Kyrin broke the rules and insulted someone, the other person should be Jedi enough not to rise to it.

As I said, no one rose to it. Everyone, save the affected party, was Jedi enough to stay out of it. We, after all, had better things to do.

Again, I'm not at all condoning her actions. I just think that her punishment is A.excessive and B.Unfair that's only her being punished when the council's representatives have openly acknowledge that she's not the only person to blame for it.

Is it? Kyrin was told to stand down many times, but to no avail. It it not Kyrin's first time being banned, or even their second time... They knew what would result from their actions, and they were willing to bite said bullet for half handed attacks. But that is enough from me on this issue. As I said, better things to do than debate if this was needed. It is done, and I hope the council sticks by their decision, as they have so many others, and I hope Kyrin comes back with a different way of approaching this place of learning...
More
5 years 10 months ago #322435 by Brick

Zenchi wrote: Just to put things into perspective, Kyrin's last post I believe was made in the thread listed below...

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Jediism/121248-rituals-daily-or-otherwise?start=10

Yes, that's the one forum post I was referring to

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You:
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #322436 by

Brick wrote:

Zenchi wrote: Just to put things into perspective, Kyrin's last post I believe was made in the thread listed below...

Yes, that's the one forum post I was referring to

And should not such a... personal attack be treated as the mods have seen fit to treat it?
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by .
More
5 years 10 months ago #322437 by Brick

Arisaig wrote: And should not such a... personal attack be treated as the mods have seen fit to treat it? [/color]

When I ever said it shouldn't have been treated as such?

I've repeatedly said I accept her behaviour was wrong, in breach of the Terms of Use, and should result in a ban.

I'm simply saying that other people should've been banned too!

And yes, I stand by my statement that the punishment was excessive. I've seen many people say and do much worse things and not been banned for as long. Certainly not for an undetermined amount of time

- Knight Senan
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #322438 by JamesSand

Agreed, but then nobody should be getting punished lol. The point is that everyone should be treated equally in their punishment, or lack of it

I'm simply saying that other people should've been banned too!

Didn't realise we were in the business of meting out divine punishments for wicked sins.

I always took jediism for a sort of "life is wacky, how wacky is that?!" sort of vibe.

(for the record, I quite like Kyrin, probably more than a lot of people, but I've no interest in being an apologist for someone doesn't want one, nor really makes any effort NOT to be an antagonist whenever the opportunity arises)
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by JamesSand.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi