On a day like today.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 months ago #11704 by
On a day like today. was created by
Hello all,

Well while I was online my homepage came up, as it always does, and gave me a run down of all he historical events that took place on this, the 25th of February. In 1913 the 16th amendment to the U.S. constitution gave congress the power to levy and collect income taxes (Thanks guys) in 1570 Pope Pius V excommunicated Queen Elizabeth I. And that’s just a start. How much history! My question to myself was more like “How much history passed the people living at these times unnoticed?” That’s really our lot isn’t it, at least for the most part anyway, to always see something as historical and life changing in hindsight.

As we move through our lives how simple it is to forget we live in a much vaster world our senses our just not privy to. We box ourselves in to our singular experience (even though it’s like pulling wisdom teeth to get an average person to admit this. We all like to think we’re so connected) and move through life ascribing the views formed from those experiences to everything and everyone around us. it’s not good or bad, just our nature. When we look at another person walking along, how easy it is to just dismiss them as a random stranger........ and yet how many lives are tied to that random stranger.

Just by crossing their path your now tied to that person in some small way. And in turn now touch every person they touch, and the ones they touch, and as the old commercial goes.....and so on and so on and so on. If we can forget how connected we are even to the most random stranger of the same species, how much simpler it must be to lose our connection to the squirrel outside our window. Or the lonely bird in a cold stark sky. Or the sunlight glancing of a bear tree branch in winter and the snow on the ground shining from the touch of light. We re part of all these things and more. We are part of each other. From the greatest good to the greatest evil we are all part. All things and all life are connected. From the air we breath, the ground we walk, the rain on our faces, the sun that warms us, and the stars and moon that light our nights, we our connected.

Now that’s way too much thinking I know, but before I go I have a request of you all. While your moving through your days instead of just walking by someone, give them a smile. Instead of just driving to wherever, look around, look up. instead of just breathing think of everyone in this world, friend or foe, that breaths that air with you, and in this start to feel how precious this life is, and just how dependent we really are on our connection to this planet we call home, each and every one of us.

Namaste,
~Merin~

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi