Breathing and relaxation

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 month ago #104 by
Breathing and relaxation was created by
Breathing and relaxation

Find yourself a quit place where you can be alone and undisturbed for awhile. You can do this exercise while you are sitting, or lying down. If you are sitting down, sit in such a way as to keep you back straight.

Close your eyes and take several real deep breaths to release the tension in your body. Then try to breathe as slow and deeply as you can without discomfort. As time goes by you will be able to consciously breath slower. Slow breathing is a plus when you meditate.

The breathing will be abdomenal breathing. Concentrate on your abdomen raising and lowering as you breathe in and out. That’s all you do her for now, just concentrate on your breathing in and out.

If you are good at visualizing, then close your eyes and see your abdomen raising and falling in your mind's eye. Try to see it in color, and try experiencing all the sensation of it in your mind. If you cant visualize it yet, then don’t worry about that. You will learn that later.

Master the breathing and relaxation techniques in this forum before you move on to the next kind of meditation, which will be some kind of mindfulness exercise.

Please note that I will add to this post a little later.

Bro. Jack

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 week ago #154 by
Replied by on topic Re:Breathing and relaxation
I've read something similar to this, but it recommends laying down when your first beginning, because you can actually see your abdomen rising and falling with the breaths. It didn't work to good for me, because once I got relaxed I fell asleep. I've also read to once your sitting in a cross legged positions and breath for about 5 minutes or however long to get relaxed, to visualize a \"waterfall\" of energy cascading down, falling first onto your head, down your face, and down the front of your body till it gets to your feet. Then visualize it flowing back up the backs of your legs and inner parts of your legs till it reaches your torso area, and then climbs up your back and back over the top of your head, starting the process over. It is supposed to be great meditation and you should sense alot of heat, not necessarily like making you sweat, but just warmer than before. If anyone tries it and it works, let me know, I tried it a couple of times and couldn't get much, but then again, I don't really have a place yet where I can be at peace and meditate.
Dhagon Krayt

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 week ago #164 by
Let this be a Jedi trial and quest for you my friend. Spend some serious time finding a suitable place for meditation. Make this space a sacred space to you; like your own personal temple. Once you are learned in meditation, it will be easier for you to meditate amongst the hustle and bustle. Until then, you NEED to find a quiet place to center yourself.
As I said, consider this a Jedi quest.

Namaste'
Crow

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 6 days ago #165 by
Well, I have a place in my back yard that would be suitable, once I clear it and make it decent. I want to use that, but that takes time and unfortunately money. Atleast to make it how I would like to, almost like a Zen garden. I can focus intently on things if I'm caught up in them, and it feels like a type of meditation to me, just not the kind where you just clear your mind and listen to the flow of the Force. Hopefully once I get the part of my yard done, I can post up some pics, or some sort of diagram. I've been concidering it a quest for sometime, somethings just take patience, this seems to be one of them. Same with my lightsabers, I've got all sorts of ideas, no money or time to put them into action. All in due time I guess.
Dhagon Krayt

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #542 by
one of the best spots i found to calm myself, is a spot at a hudge park in my town trees and its so big and spread out unless its the weekend no one will bother you and ts nice and quite. i suggest doing this meditation in a type of area like that.
i hope you find the best spot.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #565 by
I have a favorite spot under a pine tree in the Angeles National Forest.

Bro Jack

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #569 by
My place of Meditation is my bedroom. no one desturbs me and I can just sit fo hours and focus on my breathing.What helps me to really relax though is to put in a cd that plays nature sounds.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #574 by
For me, nothing is more relaxing than an evening of reading whilst listening to the soothing sounds of Mehdi and sipping a cup of strong Earl Gray. you could also use Frank of course(Sinatra). or I've even substituted with Moby. But the book and the tea are a must.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi