Actual in practual

More
6 years 5 months ago #306235 by thomaswfaulkner
Replied by thomaswfaulkner on topic Actual in practual

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Body scan? Can u elaborate ?
And thanks for the encouraging words ! You pump me up takes me to the days of my Morning PT calling cadence as we run! Seek happy days for happy nights ! Force keep you as we both seek it !'
Do you let the color refurbish you ? Does it tweak anything ? Just wondering .

I loved running our morning PT sessions because I would always pack that pump-up juice.

As for the body scan that I do, it is just paying specific attention to parts of your body. I lay on the bed with my eyes closed and I try to picture what my little toe looks like. For visuals, I just use the color purple like a guide that helps me keep track of where I am and where I have been. Then I just try to map my body. I will have the purple jump towards the other toes before running up and around my leg. I just sort of let the color work its way up. It doesn't change anything really. It is kind of just like a highlighter that keeps track of my progress.

The Army really messed up my knees with all the rucking and running we did so I will spend a bit longer concentrating on my knees: just focusing my awareness on them and quite often it either dampens the pain or takes it away completely. Until the next morning when I'm sore from playing with my babies. :)

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #306245 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Actual in practual
A few different things all associated into a framework which is a mix of the Wu Xing ("Wǔ zhǒng liúxíng zhī qì" (五種流行之氣) or "the five types of chi dominating at different times") and the SW lightsaber forms :D
It's a daily thing, first thing in the morning and throughout the day to refine focus, but it's a bit too complex to explain in a forum post!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Adder.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi