Do Jedi meditate on Holiday?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #310038 by
Replied by on topic Do Jedi meditate on Holiday?
i think you should meditate when you think you need it the most and when you feel the urge to be still and relax

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #310053 by
People rush rush rush all the time. Especially during the holidays. Be still, be present, take care of yourself.

All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing.
-- Yoda

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #310062 by
Just like everything else in Jediism. It's personal/individual.

Holidays are far far FAR from relaxing (this christmas has been nothing but sucky for the last two weeks - as was every other holiday this year) <--- It is just a matter of perspective and individual circumstance as well as method of practice.

Meditation for me isn't some sit down marathon where I fold my legs, close my eyes and hum 'Ommmmmm' for 45 minuets.

It is just something i do.

All the time.

24/7.

Because meditation to me is the awareness of the now and being at peace with it. And I define peace differently from most people too (Peace doesn't = satisfaction. Peace = acceptance) In other words. I accept that I was forced to stay awake for 20 hours to work a job, make money and satisfy people's social expectations and give my daughters a chance at having more fun than I. I accept that I was miserable. I accept that I struggled. I accept that I - this that and the third because at every second of my life I am at the very very least........Breathing.

^ Please understand I am not giving my woe story as a method for sympathy....but an example of how Meditation can vary no matter your situation or circumstance or time of year.^

However

That in mind. There has been a traditional meditation for many years in Jediism called the "Meditation Relay" Alethea Johnson is usually the one running it. The idea is to find people to cover every hour for 24 hours of the New year to meditate and welcome the new year. I havn't seen her doing that this year though....
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #310065 by
I normally use the Holidays to go deeper in my practice :D of course still need to spend a lot of time with family and friends

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #310085 by
The secret to gain all the benefits of meditation is regularity.

More
6 years 3 months ago #310102 by Carlos.Martinez3
This Jedi does ! I often try to do it and I receive many difrent jewels and difrent results as I change the parameters and conditions.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
6 years 3 months ago #310109 by Alethea Thompson
For many years I set up a "Meditation Relay" for the Force Realists Community to participate in on New Years Day. This year it's just a day of meditation.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
6 years 3 months ago #310121 by Carlos.Martinez3
This Jedi does ! I often try to do it and I receive many difrent jewels and difrent results as I change the parameters and conditions.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi