M1 Disc. Torture of a suspect's family...

More
5 years 10 months ago #322739 by Rosalyn J
Sandel says,
"Now suppose the man who has planted the bomb will not reveal the location unless an innocent member of his family is tortured. Should it be legal for the police to torture innocent people, if that is truly the only way to discover the location of a large bomb?"

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #323328 by MadHatter
No, it should not. Not only is torture shown to be damaging to the minds of those involved, but its proven to be a shoddy at best method of getting information. Further, we know we are doing damage to an innocent set of people. We do not know that we can disarm the bomb. We do not know how many if any people the bomb may or may not kill due to the fact that the bomb could fail for any number of factors. The fact is that to try to violate the lives of the innocent to save other innocent people makes you no better than the terrorist you are arresting.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #323345 by
No. They are innocent.

A criminals family are not criminals by association and should not be treated as such. They are innocents, and the innocent should not be harmed on the basis that it might-maybe-possibly-I-guess-sorta-could-lets-try-it-and-see get information from a suspect.

More
5 years 10 months ago #323360 by Carlos.Martinez3
My stand

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/justice/121349-m1-disc-torture-of-a-suspect#323358

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi