If we had to change...

More
6 years 10 months ago #285592 by Alethea Thompson
Well "the Force" is something we can get around because of a book written by Stuart Wilde (actually called "The Force").

The only thing that would need to be changed is the header, website and any references to Jedi in the training curriculum to whatever word you end up adopting. But the training program is solidly based away from the fiction itself.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #290197 by
Replied by on topic If we had to change...
For me there is a certain lovely mystique to the word Jedi, originally placed there by fiction but now come true. I'd be disappointed if we had to change it.

But to entertain the question of what it might be changed to... hmm... Universal Balance? (The) Connection? Hahaha, the Worlds Wide Web? Something meaning "all things working in harmony."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #290260 by

ReallyRiver wrote: (The) Connection? Hahaha, the Worlds Wide Web? Something meaning "all things working in harmony."

Connectitude? ;)

More
5 years 10 months ago #321730 by Zenith Felwood
It would be sad to go after a religious group. SMH what is this world coming too...

More
5 years 10 months ago #321731 by Zenith Felwood
temple of peace and justice ^_-

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #321741 by

Zenith Felwood wrote: It would be sad to go after a religious group. SMH what is this world coming too...

It is a matter of copyright and all that. Lots of legal mumbo jumbo. Would really only ever happen if they found this place wasn't really a non-profit organisation and leadership was profiting from this.

Thankfully that would be illegal for someone to do, as we are a charity and non-profit.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #321775 by

user15542 wrote:

Rebekka wrote: it seems to me that Jedi-ism, as it is thusfar blossoming into, stems primarily from buddhism, taoism [...] Jedi-ism is 'new-age galactic buddhism'.

Far more Taoism than Buddhism, imho. Many of the core principles of Buddhism have no equivalent in Jediism - most Taoist principles do.[/quote

I've all ways thought Jediism is just Taoism in a Star Wars wrapper. :-)