Some feedback, please

More
2 years 10 months ago #360452 by James
Some feedback, please was created by James
I'm wondering how much time you all spend with your IP studies. I've been here about a month. I read the first two chapters
of "The Power Of Myth" right off the bat, and took a few days to post my first journal entry. Then, I went in for an
outpatient surgery and just vegged for a day or two. I posted my second entry yesterday.

My situation is, I've got three acres here to take care of, and a house and a small studio. If I don't have a guitar in my
hand, I feel like I should. At the same time I've spent some time here at the Forum, and it's a little overwhelming to say the
least. So, I guess what I'm asking is, do you set aside time every day for studies, or just whenever you get the notion?
I'm certainly in no hurry to finish anything. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #360453 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Some feedback, please
Hiya,

Many moons ago I posted whenever I had the notion.

Now, if I don't make time, I find I don't get very far

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: James

More
2 years 10 months ago #360454 by James
Replied by James on topic Some feedback, please
Hiya back, I do try to set aside a little time in the morning for the Temple. It doesn't always work. Now that it's getting hot every day, I try and get outside and do whatever chores I have done. I think no matter what, I need to set aside at least some time
every day. Thanks!

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #360455 by River
Replied by River on topic Some feedback, please
I try to make time for at least a little bit of lessons every few days at least. If I don't, I find I think a few days has passed since my last lesson but really it's been a week or two. Being active in the Discord helps keep the lessons a priority in my brain because the Temple is just always there and people have conversations about stuff that sounds interesting and makes me want to learn more.

[Edited to add: I mean, I make a conscious effort to spend at least a little time with my lessons every few days. Sometimes I even set an alarm as a reminder if I feel like time is slipping away between lessons.]

But also, being a Jedi is a lifestyle, I reckon. Living life is part of being a Jedi, not just lessons and studying.
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by River. Reason: Clarification
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan, Skryym, Rex, James

More
2 years 10 months ago #360456 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Some feedback, please
Do whatever you feel comfortable with. We are not looming over your journal waiting for the moment you post to say 'aha too slow!'.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: James

More
2 years 10 months ago #360457 by James
Replied by James on topic Some feedback, please
Thanks...it feels like right now I'm going in spurts. And, I do want to get more involved in the community. There's a ton of posts I've wanted to rspond to, but at the same time I've gotten kind of immersed in the Campbell interview. I think it's called being more organized with my time here.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
2 years 10 months ago #360458 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Some feedback, please
The progress of who you are and your choices about who you want to be will continue till the day you die.

You don't have to be posting or on the forums to be considering the teachings or to be aware of how they show up in your life day to day.

Read when you can, post when you can, but more importantly... bring awareness to yourself throughout your days and be mindful of how what you read here integrates into your life.

There is no rush.

In terms of actual advice. There is no right way. When I did the IP I blazed through it, to the detriment of a lot of other things in my life at the time. Now days I journal briefly every day, but almost never post here. I read as often as I can fit it in with my schedule which is quite full, and often I fail to make time for it. But when I do take time to read I stay present and focused.

Find whatever works for you.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

More
2 years 10 months ago #360465 by Diana W
Replied by Diana W on topic Some feedback, please
Basically, take whatever time you need. Take the time to reflect and write what you feel is an appropriate response based on your reflections and thoughts. There are no clocks timing you, or a quiz at the end. By my understanding, many take up to a year to complete the IP's because "life happens". Some take shorter time (don't rush it), others longer.

Journals:
. IP . Apprentice . Personal . Healing . Degree . Seminary

Previous: House of Orion
Previous TM : Zero

Life is a sum of all your choices; So, what are you doing today?
― Albert Camus

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi