Jasper_Ward, Jestor, Bishop, Ceremony, 2011

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 month ago #36926 by
I hereby give notice that a ceremony shall be held in Chat for the ordinations of Jasper_Ward and Jestor as Bishops of TOTJO at the following time (please adjust according to your local time):

5am CST
3am PST
11am GMT
on Saturday 5th March 2011.

All are welcome to attend this ceremony which will also acknowledge the promotion of both parties to the office of Cardinal Bishop and members of the Council of TOTJO.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 month ago #36965 by
Bumping this thread so it doesn't get lost.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 month ago #37034 by
Just a quick reminder!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 month ago #37039 by
I have the greatest pleasure in announcing that on this day, 5th March 2011, and following the prescribed training and ceremony, and with the decision and blessing of the COuncil of TOTJO that:

Jasper Ward (Jasper_Ward) and James Foster (Jestor) are hereby ordained as Bishops of the Temple of the Jedi Order.

Both are also promoted to the office of Cardinal Bishop and take their places on the Council. May the Force be with them both!

A copy of the ordination ceremony is given below.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 1 month ago #37040 by
[Mark Anjuu] 11:13 am: Let us begin....
[Mark Anjuu] 11:14 am: Greetings to all here present. Let us begin with a simple prayer:
[Mark Anjuu] 11:15 am: Living Force of Creation, guide our hands and fill our hearts with joy as we welcome two new Bishops into the Order. May the wisdom of all that is run through their minds and the courage of all that can be strengthen their souls. As servants of the servants of the Force, we ask that they be guided to the right paths so they may in turn shepherd those that need a light to shine the way. May the Force be with us!
[Mark Anjuu] 11:17 am: The Force, the clergy and people of the Temple of the Jedi Order, trusting in the guidance of the Force, have chosen Jasper Ward (Jasper_Ward) and James Foster (Jestor) to be Bishops and chief pastors. We therefore ask you to lay your hands upon them and in the power of The Force to consecrate them as bishopa in the Temple of the Jedi Order.
[Mark Anjuu] 11:19 am: Both candidates have served the Order well. Jasper has restructured and maintained the Library and provided access to resources so that we may fulfil the Tenets of Knowledge and Wisdom. He has served to distribute membership items and to participate in the running of the Temple. He has also trained members to Knighthood and attained the rank of Master.
[Mark Anjuu] 11:21 am: Jestor has served as constant shepherd to new members, providing a friendly face as first contact to many. He has diligently continued his studies with the Degree Qualification Scheme and is both Temple Security Officer and Youth Officer.
[Mark Anjuu] 11:21 am: Both candidates have, according to the rules of TOTJO, been ordained as Priests of the Temple and now they have been chosen as Bishops. Will the candidates please step forward and read their promises.
[Jasper_Ward] 11:22 am: In the Living Force of Creation, I, Jasper Ward, chosen Bishop of the Church, solemnly declare that I believe in the power of the Living Force of Creation and that I willingly choose to confirm and uphold the Doctorine and Discipline of the of the Temple of the Jedi Order
[Jestor] 11:22 am: In the Living Force of Creation, I, James Foster, chosen Bishop of the Church, solemnly declare that I believe in the power of the Living Force of Creation and that I willingly choose to confirm and uphold the Doctrine and discipline of the Temple of the Jedi Order.
[Mark Anjuu] 11:23 am: To the congregation: Brothers and sisters in the Force, you have heard testimony given that Jasper and Jestor have been duly and lawfully elected to be bishops of the Temple to serve in the Church. You have been assured of their suitability and that the Church has approved them for this sacred responsibility.
[Mark Anjuu] 11:23 am: Is it your will that we ordain Jasper and Jestor as bishop? (response: Yes it is)
[Viskhard] 11:24 am: Yes it is.
[Damion_Storm] 11:24 am: Yest it is
[Damion_Storm] 11:25 am: Yes* it is
[Mark Anjuu] 11:25 am: Will you uphold Jasper and Jestor as Bishops? (response: We will)
[Damion_Storm] 11:25 am: We Will
[Viskhard] 11:25 am: We will
[Mark Anjuu] 11:25 am: Peace be with you (response: And also with you)
[Jasper_Ward] 11:26 am: And Also with you
[Viskhard] 11:26 am: And also with you
[Damion_Storm] 11:26 am: and also with you
[Jestor] 11:26 am: Also with you...
[Mark Anjuu] 11:26 am: Let us pray:
Living Force of unchangeable power and eternal light: Work favorably in your whole Church, that wonderful and sacred mystery; by the effectual working of your Wisdom, let the whole world see and know that things which were cast down are being raised up, and things which had grown old are being made new, and that all things are being brought to their perfection by the power of your will.
May the Force be With us.
[Mark Anjuu] 11:27 am: My brothers, the people have chosen you and have affirmed their trust in you by acclaiming your election. A Bishop in the Temple of the Jedi Order is called to be one with the Force and an expert in interpreting the Doctrine, and to testify to The Living Force of Creation's power in the Universe.
[Mark Anjuu] 11:28 am: You are called to guard the faith, unity, and discipline of the Church; to celebrate and to provide for the administration of the Church; to ordain Ministers and to join in ordaining Bishops; and to be in all things a faithful pastor and wholesome example for the entire Jedi Community and the World.
[Mark Anjuu] 11:28 am: With your fellow Bishops you will share in the leadership of the Church throughout the world. Your heritage is the faith of The Masters. Your joy will be to follow The Force, not to be served, but to serve, and to give your life to the celebration of Peace. Are you persuaded that The Force has called you to the Work of a Bishop?
[Jasper_Ward] 11:28 am: I am so persuaded
[Jestor] 11:28 am: I am so persuaded....
[Mark Anjuu] 11:28 am: Will you accept this call and fulfil this trust in Humility in the Force?
[Jasper_Ward] 11:28 am: I will
[Jestor] 11:28 am: I will....
[Mark Anjuu] 11:29 am: Will you be faithful in prayer, and in the study of the Doctrine and other faiths, that you may have the mind of a Jedi?
[Jasper_Ward] 11:29 am: I will
[Jestor] 11:29 am: I will...
[Mark Anjuu] 11:29 am: Will you boldly proclaim and interpret the Doctrine of the Church and The Will of The Force, enlightening the minds and stirring up the conscience of your people?
[Mark Anjuu] 11:29 am: As a chief pastor, will you encourage and support all people in their gifts and ministries, nourish them from the riches of The Force, pray for them without ceasing, and celebrate with them the diversity of our church?
[Jestor] 11:29 am: I will..
[Mark Anjuu] 11:29 am: Will you guard the faith, unity, and discipline of the Church?
[Mark Anjuu] 11:30 am: Will you share with your fellow Bishops in the government of the whole Church; will you sustain your fellow ministers and take counsel with them; will you guide and strengthen all others who minister in the Church?
[Jasper_Ward] 11:30 am: i will
[Jestor] 11:30 am: I will...
[Mark Anjuu] 11:30 am: Will you be merciful to all, show compassion to the poor and strangers, and defend those who have no helper?
[Jasper_Ward] 11:30 am: I will
[Jestor] 11:30 am: I will...
[Mark Anjuu] 11:31 am: Jasper and Jestor, through these promises you have committed yourself to The Force, to serve this Church in the office of Bishop. We therefore call upon Jasper to lead us in confessing that faith.
[Jasper_Ward] 11:31 am: Will all present please repeat after me, one line at a time:
[Jasper_Ward] 11:31 am: I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace.
[Mark Anjuu] 11:31 am: I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace.
[Viskhard] 11:31 am: I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace.
[Jestor] 11:31 am: I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace....
[Damion_Storm] 11:31 am: I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace.
[Jasper_Ward] 11:32 am: Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
[Jestor] 11:32 am: Where there is hatred, i shall bring love...
[Mark Anjuu] 11:32 am: Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
[Viskhard] 11:32 am: Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
[Damion_Storm] 11:32 am: Where there is hatred I shall
bring love;
[Jasper_Ward] 11:32 am: Where there is injury, Pardon
[Mark Anjuu] 11:32 am: Where there is injury, pardon;
[Viskhard] 11:32 am: Where there is injury, pardon;
[Jestor] 11:32 am: where ther is injury, pardon...
[Damion_Storm] 11:32 am: Where there is injury, Pardon
[Jasper_Ward] 11:32 am: Where there is doubt, faith
[Mark Anjuu] 11:33 am: Where there is doubt, faith;
[Jestor] 11:33 am: where ther is doubt, faith...
[Viskhard] 11:33 am: Where there is doubt, faith;
[Damion_Storm] 11:33 am: Where there is doubt, faith;
[Jasper_Ward] 11:33 am: Where there is despair, Hope
[Jestor] 11:33 am: where ther is despair, hope
[Mark Anjuu] 11:33 am: Where there is despair, hope;
[Viskhard] 11:33 am: Where there is despair, hope;
[Damion_Storm] 11:33 am: Where there is despair, hope;
[Jasper_Ward] 11:33 am: Where there is darkness, Light
[Jestor] 11:33 am: where there is darkness, light...
[Mark Anjuu] 11:33 am: Where there is darkness, light;
[Viskhard] 11:34 am: Where there is darkness, light;
[Damion_Storm] 11:34 am: Where there is darkness, Light
[Jasper_Ward] 11:34 am: And Where there is sadness, Joy
[Mark Anjuu] 11:34 am: And where there is sadness, joy.
[Jestor] 11:34 am: and where there is sadness, joy...
[Viskhard] 11:34 am: And where there is sadness, joy.
[Damion_Storm] 11:34 am: And Where there is sadness, Joy
[Jasper_Ward] 11:34 am: I am a Jedi
[Mark Anjuu] 11:34 am: I am a Jedi.
[Jestor] 11:34 am: I am a Jedi....
[Viskhard] 11:34 am: I am a Jedi.
[Damion_Storm] 11:34 am: I am a Jedi.
[Jasper_Ward] 11:34 am: I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console
[Viskhard] 11:34 am: I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console;
[Mark Anjuu] 11:34 am: I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console;
[Jestor] 11:34 am: I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console....
[Damion_Storm] 11:35 am: I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console
[Jasper_Ward] 11:35 am: To be understood as to understand
[Jestor] 11:35 am: to be understood, as to understand...
[Mark Anjuu] 11:35 am: To be understood as to understand;
[Viskhard] 11:35 am: To be understood as to understand;
[Damion_Storm] 11:35 am: To be understood as to understand;
[Jasper_Ward] 11:35 am: To be loved as to love
[Viskhard] 11:35 am: To be loved as to love;
[Jestor] 11:35 am: to be loved, as to love...
[Mark Anjuu] 11:35 am: To be loved as to love;
[Jasper_Ward] 11:36 am: for it is in the giving that we recieve
[Jestor] 11:36 am: for it is in giving, that we recieve...
[Viskhard] 11:36 am: For it is in giving that we receive;
[Mark Anjuu] 11:36 am: For it is in giving that we receive;
[Jasper_Ward] 11:36 am: It is in the pardoning that we are pardoned
[Jestor] 11:36 am: it is in pardoning, that we arre pardoned...
[Mark Anjuu] 11:36 am: It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
[Damion_Storm] 11:36 am: To be loved as to love
[Viskhard] 11:36 am: It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
[Damion_Storm] 11:36 am: For it is in giving that we
receive;
[Damion_Storm] 11:36 am: It is in pardoning that we are
pardoned;
[Jasper_Ward] 11:36 am: And it is in the dying that we are born to eternal life
[Viskhard] 11:37 am: And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
[Jestor] 11:37 am: and it is dying, that we are born to eternal life...
[Mark Anjuu] 11:37 am: And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
[Damion_Storm] 11:37 am: And it is in dying that we are
born to eternal life.
[Jasper_Ward] 11:37 am: The Force is always with me, for I am a Jedi
[Jestor] 11:37 am: The fforce is always with me, for I am Jedi!!
[Viskhard] 11:37 am: The Force is always with me, for I am a Jedi.
[Mark Anjuu] 11:37 am: The Force is always with me, for I am a Jedi.
[Damion_Storm] 11:37 am: The Force is always with me, for I am a Jedi
[Mark Anjuu] 11:37 am: Thank you Jasper.
[Mark Anjuu] 11:38 am: Living Force of Creation, Master of mercies and source of all comfort, knowing all things before they come to pass: We thank you for gathering and preparing our people to understand the knowledge and wisdom you lay out before us.
[Mark Anjuu] 11:38 am: Therefore we bear witness to Jasper Ward (Jasper_Ward) and James Foster (Jestor) becoming Bishops in the Temple of the Jedi Order. Pour out upon them the power of your unity, whereby the Church is built up in every place.
[Mark Anjuu] 11:39 am: To you, the members and Jedi of The Temple, all hearts are open; fill these, your servants, whom you have chosen to be Bishops in the Church, with such love of all the people, that they may feed and tend the Force and its people, and exercise without reproach the high vocation to which you have called them,
[Mark Anjuu] 11:40 am: serving before you day and night in the ministry of reconciliation, declaring pardon, offering gifts, and wisely overseeing the life and work of the Church. In all things may they present before you the acceptable offering of a pure, and gentle, and Jedi life.
[Mark Anjuu] 11:40 am: The peace of the Force be always with you.
[Jasper_Ward] 11:40 am: And also with you
[Jestor] 11:40 am: and also with you...
[Damion_Storm] 11:40 am: and also with you
[Viskhard] 11:40 am: And also with you
[Mark Anjuu] 11:40 am: If anyone wishes to add any words of their own, feel free to do so now.
[Jestor] 11:42 am: Congratulations Jasper... Thank you for your continuing work.... Viskhard, Damion, thank you for attending....
[Jestor] 11:42 am: MAster Mark, once agsain, thank you for your seemingly never ending, nor ever tiring work for us here at the Temple of the Jedi Order...
[Jasper_Ward] 11:43 am: Congratulations Brother, I feel like this has been a great journey together, and I look forward to the continuation of it... thanks everyone for coming, and Mark for always being supportive
[Mark Anjuu] 11:43 am: Today is a shining moment for the Temple as recognition is offered to the dedication and commitment shown by the both of you. May the Force guide you on your paths and swell your souls. I also have the greatest pleasure in welcoming you both to the Council as Cardinal Bishops!
[Jasper_Ward] 11:44 am: Thank you
[Jestor] 11:44 am: Master Mark, I hope we are able to lighten the load here, for you and the other members...
[Jestor] 11:44 am: Thank you!!
[Mark Anjuu] 11:45 am: I declare this ceremony to be complete. Congratulations to Brothers Jestor and Jasper, Bishops of the Temple of the Jedi Order!
[Mark Anjuu] 11:46 am: Thank you to Viskhard and Damion (and even the seemingly-absent energies of firesage) for bearing witness to this ceremony.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi