Audio Sermons

More
11 years 2 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #91276 by Ben
Audio Sermons was created by Ben
This is a message to all clergy...

We are hoping that all clergy might like to participate in the recording of audio sermons.

What this means is that when you write a sermon for the sermon schedule or a live service, you are invited (not required, but encouraged) to also make an audio recording of you reading it out loud.

You are also invited to record audio versions of sermons you have previously submitted.

Audio files should be submitted in a straightforward audio format, as a standard computer file with no video.

This will be used on the TOTJO radio, and possibly in other ways in the future, such as if the Temple developed a dedicated Youtube channel.

If you use your file to also create a Youtube video (see Akkarin's video in the post below for an example), you can also post the audio version at the bottom of your written sermons.

Audio sermons should be sent by email to Ren at (email address redacted by Akkarin), and if you could also copy me in at (email address redacted by Akkarin) that would be much appreciated. Alternatively, if you find that the files are too big to email, you can upload them onto a filesharing site such as Mediafire and let us know the link.

B.Div | OCP
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Wescli Wardest, Alexandre Orion, Llama Su

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91283 by
Replied by on topic Re: Audio Sermons
I see you've finally caught up with Hipster-Hanlar... I was doing this before it was cool... :silly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04SQrLZ3M9Q&list=PLJlKXcgpkVfPEegtkICO1HKlYmb2Q8LFF

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 2 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #91375 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Audio Sermons
It's that easy :D

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #92351 by
Replied by on topic Re: Audio Sermons
By the way the easiest way I have found is to record it for free using audacity

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

Export that as a wmv or mp3 file when you have finished your editing (you can highlight and delete sections which I have found useful)

Email that edited file to ren or V

I would suggest also keeping a backup of the original recording just for records or making any future changes and versions etc

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #147445 by
Replied by on topic Audio Sermons
So I did another one this morning...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv0TjCS0kcs
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #193224 by
Please join me in thanking Cabur Senaar for his contribution!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNtl-ILmREE

The option to have an audio sermon uploaded is still available for those who have the ability to make them and it would be great to see the YouTube channel a little more active!

Please disregard the previous email addresses (sorry ren and V :P) and email your files to either prteam@templeofthejediorder[dot]org or PM me for my personal email address!

More
8 years 10 months ago #193254 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic TotJO Audio/Video Sermons
Post your audio or video sermons here!

For information on how to get your sermons uploaded to the TotJO YouTube channel, please contact Akkarin or I.

If your videos are listed as private, you are welcome to place them under the "Hide texts from Guests" code.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194235 by

Akkarin wrote: Please join me in thanking Cabur Senaar for his contribution!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNtl-ILmREE

The option to have an audio sermon uploaded is still available for those who have the ability to make them and it would be great to see the YouTube channel a little more active!

Please disregard the previous email addresses (sorry ren and V :P) and email your files to either prteam@templeofthejediorder[dot]org or PM me for my personal email address!

It would like to make a sermon for the channel, if there is truly need for it, but it is a little bit unclear for me. Is the question it only for the clergy? Do I have to edit the mp3 file to mp4? Some important steps to be made first? I like the clergy ideas, I like the clergy to, but it is a little bit difficult to get an good picture on what the 'important' parts are before an sermon, after it is well considered and written of course, will be uploaded. Could you point me please in the right direction?

- Aqua

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194237 by

Aqua wrote: It would like to make a sermon for the channel, if there is truly need for it, but it is a little bit unclear for me. Is the question it only for the clergy? Do I have to edit the mp3 file to mp4? Some important steps to be made first? I like the clergy ideas, I like the clergy to, but it is a little bit difficult to get an good picture on what the 'important' parts are before an sermon, after it is well considered and written of course, will be uploaded. Could you point me please in the right direction?

If you want to contribute something then the best way to go about it would probably be to submit an Open Sermon, this way the Clergy can have a read through it and make suggestions :) then just record your reading of it and then send this recording to Kamizu so she can turn upload it to YouTube :) Unless you'd rather upload it yourself and then we can link to it on YouTube or something (or have it posted here).

Does this help?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194238 by

Akkarin wrote:

Aqua wrote: It would like to make a sermon for the channel, if there is truly need for it, but it is a little bit unclear for me. Is the question it only for the clergy? Do I have to edit the mp3 file to mp4? Some important steps to be made first? I like the clergy ideas, I like the clergy to, but it is a little bit difficult to get an good picture on what the 'important' parts are before an sermon, after it is well considered and written of course, will be uploaded. Could you point me please in the right direction?

If you want to contribute something then the best way to go about it would probably be to submit an Open Sermon, this way the Clergy can have a read through it and make suggestions :) then just record your reading of it and then send this recording to Kamizu so she can turn upload it to YouTube :) Unless you'd rather upload it yourself and then we can link to it on YouTube or something (or have it posted here).

Does this help?

It does help, thank you for explaining :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi