The Greatness within

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #16204 by
The Greatness within was created by
I would like to teach you all about a little lesson taught to me by some of the greatest Jedi to walk this temple. It's about the greatness within. This sermon isn't going to be fancy or eloquent. Heck, it prolly won't even be well put together....i was never any good at this teaching thing. But please know that this comes from my heart. I believe this with all my soul's power and strength.

It doesn't matter. It really doesn't. How big or small you are. Your rank and job don't matter either. But inside of each and everyone of you is greatness. You look deep inside yourself and you feel hurt. All your heart knows is pain, loss, envy....it doesn't remember the joy. So you sit and read this lesson, but you don't take it to heart. I want you to stop and think. Remember if you would, all the pain and hardship and sorrows in your life. The sting of heart-break....the sting of death....that pang you get everytime someone cuts down your self-worth....

Now stop. Think of one person whos loved you unconditionally through thick and thin. There is at least one. Think of your goals, and now think of that person cheering you on. I know you may want to save the world and be the greatest super hero ever, but to that ONE person...you already are.

Inside each of you is greatness. It roars and rears it's mighty head, but you think it gets stiffeled by those that cut you down. Inside you is a light that wants to be seen. Don't let others block your light! Someone believes in you! So when you don't have the strength to carry your burden...when it just becomes to much....remember that one soul who has unwaivering faith in you. When you see their face in your mind....smiling...cheering you on...the greatness inside of you rears and roars and you feel it.

And you finally realize what it feels like to be loved.

Such is the Jedi's way.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #16205 by
Replied by on topic Re:The Greatness within
Everyone has a person in their life that is willing to help in their most urgent time of need and everyone will at one point in their lives need this person everyone deep down has a great power and sometimes they need someone to take up the cross as well. One of my favorite people in the bible besides Jesus of course is Simon the Cyrene who in the face of Roman Soldiers, ignoring what could have been certain death for himself, helped, what the Romans seen as a condemned criminal, carry his burden, one man, a private man most likely, could not look away when he saw what he felt was a wrong doing, he thought about what Jesus had taught and did what was right. The greatest unsung hero in the Bible, if you ask me and only spoken of but for a brief moment.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #16905 by
I never heard of that story before.. But sounds very interesting and from what you told me, shows great sacrifice and the teachings of a great teacher.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #16906 by
I really agree with that message, i always let my self get down on things like im never going to come through it, but i always do. And reminds me of my mom who always there for you when your down and out.

More
15 years 8 months ago #17310 by Octagon
Replied by Octagon on topic Re:The Greatness within
Within us all, a Master Jedi abides. We have but to be still and listen. Meditation allows us to contact that inner Master at any time. All answers, all solutions, all the best of what we are awaits within us.

We have but to seek and we shall find. To ask and it shall be given. Be the light that you are by tapping into that Force which is greater then yourself, your true self, which awaits.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi