My Godmother

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #95480 by Ben
My Godmother was created by Ben
I humbly ask that you keep my Godmother (self-appointed, she selflessly took over the role when her partner, my Godfather, passed when I was young) in your thoughts.

She's well into her 70s and had a fall on Wednesday night and broke her left upper arm in two places...really bad breaks. She needs surgery next week and will be remaining in hospital until (and after) then, and they say that at her age, she may not recover the full use of her arm, and even if she does, it will take a long time and a lot of support...

She lives on her own and has no living relatives...I became acutely aware of this when I visited her today and realised that I'm probably the closest thing to family that she has.

Living alone also of course means that when she returns home without the use of her arm she will find it really hard to manage...

If you need help connecting with this person that you don't know...she's the one who taught me to sing. If you've heard me singing, you've indirectly experienced her...

If anyone could pray for her, or send calming/healing thoughts her way it would be very much appreciated, as I feel very alone in shouldering this burden.

B.Div | OCP
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Ben.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #95484 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Re: My Godmother
V, she will most certainly be in my thoughts. I don't have a godmother or godfather, but I have had very close friends who are elderly and they are some of the most inspirational people I'll ever know. She is every bit of blessed to have you in her life, as likewise.

All my dearest wishes and regards go out to both of you.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95487 by
Replied by on topic Re: My Godmother
I am very sorry to hear about your Godmother's accident and situation, and, first and foremost, I wish you and your Godmother the best...whether it's physical or emotional healing, resolve, unexpected support, ANYTHING. It must be very difficult to go through what you both are going through right now, but keep a strong and positive attitude.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95488 by
If she taught you to sing have you thought about mailing her a CD of some of your work? She would likely appreciate such a gift in a difficult situation like this :)

I hope she heals quickly!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95496 by
You are alone. You have all of us for support. My best thoughts for both of you. Peace.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 1 month ago #95505 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: My Godmother

Rickie The Grey wrote: You are alone. You have all of us for support. My best thoughts for both of you. Peace.

Lol, I think you meant "you are not alone" ....gotta love when typos occur,

I have no godparents, nor any living grandparents (that I know of) so I can't imagine what you're going through, but I will keep you both in my thoughts.

I agree with akkarin's idea, it will most certainly cheer her up to hear her legacy continue through you (I'm using legacy in reference to her teachings)

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
11 years 1 month ago #95531 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Re: My Godmother
Dude! I totally hope your godmother heals and is well. I hope that you know that you reached me helps too. You know I can't manage a miracle cure but I can offer you my consolation as a human being and hope this helps you through this.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #95548 by
So very sorry how that came out, of course I ment you are NOT alone.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95550 by
I'll keep you both in my prayers. Hopefully her healing will be quicker than you both think. The body can do amazing things even at an older age. Good luck.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #95589 by
I'm sorry for your godmother, I'll keep her in my thoughts, hope she'll recover faster than anybody expected. And I wish you both the best.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi