the angels

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #49052 by
the angels was created by
This weekend, I went to the memorial service of a good friend who became one with the Force after a fight with liver cancer. Her husband passed a couple of years ago. Both were a big part of my life growing up. Both were drivers in a rally that took place at Braille Institute. Every summer, us kids would go to Braille and travel with these people. We were given lists of directions that we were to read to the drivers. He was my driver for 9 years. By extension, I knew her well. Her navigator was my best friend and they were married. We always sat together and talked and joked. When I was young, they were the model of a perfect marriage since my parents weren't. Both were the most fun-loving, and generally loving people it was possible to meet. I will remember them with fondness and love.
Leena

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 2 months ago #49055 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: the angels
Sorry to hear that Leena.. She's at peace now...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #49064 by
Replied by on topic the angels
I'm so sorry for both of your losses. I hope you find comfort and peace knowing you will one day join them where they are. Thank you for sharing the story of them in the way you did.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #49066 by
Replied by on topic Re: the angels
Sorry for your loss Leena. I hope you can take comfort from the fact that your friend is now at peace and at one with The Force.

'Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.' - From a headstone in Ireland

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #49073 by
Thank you all. Yes, they are definitely at peace and the great thing is they're together again. Smile. They'll be missed at Braille and countless other places. There were about 100 people at her memorial.
Leena

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #49105 by
It is in our memories that life becomes immortal. As long as we remember the good times we have had with others their lives live on.

May you find comfort as your friends take their place with the Force.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi