A friends loss.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 5 months ago #26592 by
A friends loss. was created by
Had kind of a mixed day today some great highs and some real lows; I bumped into a friend I haven't seen in a while, he looked thin and withdrawn and I mentioned how thin he's looking and he told me that he lost his four year old daughter four weeks ago to massive organ failure. He's back at work (that's where I saw him) but he was so close to tears, I think i cheered him up a little but he's gone through what no parent should have to and if anyone needs thoughts and prayers it's him and his wife and their two remaining children (one of whom was the little girls twin).

May the Force be with you, always.

Light and peace, Matt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 5 months ago #26599 by
Replied by on topic Re:A friends loss.
Knowing firsthand the feeling of losing a young child, my initial instinct is to say that no parent should ever have to go through the loss of a child, especially one so young. Nevertheless, it does happen and it reminds us that death can come at any time. As the natural end to life, it is the only thing we can guarantee will occur.

Though this isn't a comfort (I just have never found any comfort in the loss), it may help to get through it. Not eating or overeating are both signs of depression, and even situational depression can be long-lasting. In my own case, talking it out with someone I knew made things worse, and so I simply stopped talking about it. However, I remind myself about it each day, and it systematically desensitizes me to the pain of the loss. At least, that's what works for me.

Most people, I'm told, benefit from counseling from a professional who is trained to deal with loss. It wasn't so in my case, but I hear that most people do benefit.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 5 months ago #26663 by
Replied by on topic Re:A friends loss.
I am so sorry for your loss.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi