• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • the circle is now complete
More
14 years 9 months ago #23569 by Garm
My young daughter has a close friend Casey O, who was diagnosed with leukemia early last month (May). Casey is ten years old and she is responding to treatments that are expected to continue for the next two or three years.

Join me in sending healing thoughts, and adding Casey to our prayers and meditations.

MTFBWU-A

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #23598 by
Glad to hear that she's responding to treatment. Sending healing energy her way.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #23617 by
She will be in my thoughts and meditations.

I am glad she is responding, but still a tough road ahead for her. My heart goes out to her. And my admiration to your daughter for being there for her friend.

May The Force Be With Them Both, and her Family in this time.
:)

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 8 months ago #24924 by Garm
On Saturday we (my two younglings and myself – Sharon was called into work:( ) attended a benefit affair for Casey and her parents. The benefit is organized by their church in order to help them with the increasing costs of traveling for Casey’s treatments. There was a BBQ and a silent auction of goods donated by local business and despite the rain there was a pretty good turnout.

Casey was there looking a little more frail than the last time I seen her, and sans her hair, but in good spirits just the same. My daughter Ophelia was able to sit with her classmate and talk for about twenty minutes and catch up with her friend.

Next Saturday there is another benefit being held on Casey’s behalf by the local car club. They are hosting an antique car / motorcycle / drag / stock / mud bog 4x4’s ---car show. All proceeds including entrance and concession stands is going 100% to Casey’s family. I have been spending every spare daylight hour getting my car ready for the event and will be entering it in the classic muscle class. (’76 Camaro RS). There are over 200 entries to date, and should be a great time. I’ll update after the event and will post a few pictures in my gallery on Sunday.

Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts everyone.
MTFBWY-A

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
14 years 8 months ago #24927 by Jon
Its encouraging to see that people are there when you need them, and I`m sure that Casey can feel that love. My thoughts, prayers and meditations are also with her, the family and friends. MTFBWY all.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 8 months ago #25033 by
It's a sad thing that such a young person has to go through such troubling and trying times. I will be sure that she is in my thoughts and meditations.
May the Force be with Casey and her family.

• Garm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
14 years 2 months ago #28259 by Garm
Just a quick update, Casey has been through her treatments and thus far they seem to have been successful. She is not back at school yet, but she has been well enough to have friends over for play at her home. My Daughter was able to spend the day with Casey, something that hasn't been possible due to her immunity being so frail. Ophelia even says that her hair is starting to grow again.

A heartfelt Thanks to all for the energy projected.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 2 months ago #28260 by
I'm glad to hear things are getting better. Hopefully being around friends again will make even things even more positive.

Mat the force be with her and everyone around her.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
14 years 2 months ago #28262 by Jestor
Little ones are so resilient. Positive energy and prayers for her...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 2 months ago #28265 by
Sending intent for healing here, too.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi