Using the Force for mental/emotional healing?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19937 by
My musings. Comments and advice are always welcome!

The force can heal, this I understand, but I think what I'm struggling with is trying to understand the execution of that healing. Specifically when it comes to healing wounds that are not physical, and those tied to memories or emotions. My first thought was that it would be an act of mercy to eliminate those memories, and this also seems like it would be the simplest solution. But then I wondered if erasing a painful memory really constitutes healing. To me, healing implies the restoration of wellness and the restoration of what was wounded. So only removing a memory could be compared to amputating a broken leg (maybe the comparison is a stretch, but I have limited medical knowledge).

The question still remains, how do you heal an emotional pain? Also, how do you know if it is healed? With a physical wound you can at least examine it, but with the mental everything can be going alright until all of a sudden something triggers the pain. I'm not sure if pain is the correct word to be using since I'm not addressing only hurts, but also fears, although fears can cause pain...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19939 by
Its rough, the old adage \"time heals all wounds\" does work but its a conscious decision to move on the helps the most. Trust in the Force, it knows what its doing.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19940 by
I'd like to suggest (if you haven't already) going over to our sister site, Temple of the Jedi Force, and checking out the \"Reiki Tutorial\" thread. Reiki is all about using Ki (another name for the Force) for both mental and physical healing. The mantra used in Reiki meditation I find to be very helpful:
Just for today, I will let go of anger.
Just for today, I will let go of worry.
Just for today, I will be humble and thankful.
Just for today, I will be honest and dilligent.
Just for today, I will have compassion for others as well as for myself.

May you feel better soon,
-Chance

More
15 years 5 months ago #19942 by Zanthan Storm
Chance is correct Reiki Mantra meditation is excellent for helping to heal emotional wounds. However, it is most effective on the person meditating.

To help other work through emotional problems employs a technique that is old school, effective, though slow it is taught even in Reiki to a point.

To assist others in healing mental wounds, you must project your positivity. It is difficult for anyone to face such a dark part of themselves, there is no hiding from it, its knows your weaknesses because it is part of you. So projecting Orderly Positive Energy, reduces the stress on someone.

As to fixing our own problems, we must, I highly recommend sharing them with someone you trust. Someone who can project that positivity. So only within that environment examine those fears, those mental wounds, facing your Problems, accepting them is the hardest part and the key. I fear acknowledged and accepted, is a fear you can overcome. It takes time and use of meditation eases the burden. However, in the end, we all must face ourselves.

If anyone requires assistance with this I encourage you to contact one of the healers.

Strength and Honor. To your health.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 5 months ago #19945 by
The past is a hard thing to forget, I know this all too well. Meditation is one of my ways of dealing with the past. You must train yourself to let go of the past. You must learn to forgive those who had wronged you. With the Force you can learn to have a better control of your emotions. You learn to not let negative thoughts and emotions rule you. It takes time and its hard but once you learn to not dwell on the past or the future and keep your thoughts on the now you will be fine. Some ideas to help you with emotional pain. If you have someone you trust who wont judge you and you fell safe talking to, let them know whats going on. I see a therapist every week and that talking really helps me. Meditation, just clearing your mind of thought and just sitting there blank helps.

Listening to music or if you play, playing music also helps. Music is very powerful and can be a useful tool. get your mind off of the emotional pain is what helps. Watch a movie, read a book. You can also write down what your feeling or talk to yourself about what your feeling. sometimes just getting it off your chest really helps. Going on walks helps.

I do all those things and even then i still feel depressed. So don't think that if you do one of those things it will fully help. Sometimes it does and other times it doesn't. But you want to learn to put your mind on something else. If you dwell on the pain long enough you could really hurt yourself. I know cause I have, I have cut myself many times and even thought about killing myself. So you must really start now to learn to control those thoughts and feelings.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #42197 by
everything is the force, isolate yourself from the universe, do not, the universe is in you, you are one with it, knowing this will allow you to commune with the force.

your body does does not end from the your bones to the surface of your skin, it ends at the edge of the universe, all these systems, air, gravity, planet positioning and orbits, solar distance, planetary mass, solar mass, all these things keep you alive, your live does not begine or end at the surface of ones skin, when you streach out your consciousness knowing this truth it will help you form a stronger relationship with the force.

this helped me understand alot of things, but I discovered this through my feelings nothing I read.
took 44 years but it came to me finally.

course I am no jedi Master, But I do know this is true.
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #42198 by
Be mindful on the present, let the past go, be mindful of where you are what you are doing.

dwelling on the past taking it with you into the future with you, do not, rthe path of the dark side that is, dwelling on the past only will bring you pain and emmotional wounds, live now, let life take you now, let go that what was which is hurting you now.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #42199 by
connect to nature nothing raises your energy better then nature and the wonderful thing is you don't have to do anything for it to work, through yourself in the grass and roll around or takes lovly nature walk, it will raise your energy level and the force will heal your emmotional wellbeing.

balance how much time you spend in doors, spend too much time in your house you will become bored and depressed, meditate try new things, make new friends, change your routine.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi