Reiki

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17661 by
Reiki was created by
I am a reiki Master Teacher and am impressed by the fact healing is being taught as many in martial arts and the order forget that in order to have balance you must study all aspects with in martial science and the force, and though Rieki is popular there are mant forms of energy work with in the force and can easily be learned. I do recomend however that you seek out qualified teachers as there are those who can do more damage than good. Enjoyed your post thank you.

MTFBWY

Dagan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17663 by
Replied by on topic Re:Reiki
Well, as I say many times, of all things Martial, it is strongly advised that one seeks proper qualified instruction, not only can one do harm to oneself and others, but by 'self teaching' one often only learns bad habits and nbad form. Even with the use of a mirror, one does not usually spot the faults in ones own form, where as an outside opinion not only picks these up but correct them.

I know Reiki is often promoted on other Jediist forums for obvious reasons but I have noted to myself that it is seemingly not so on this temple.

As mentioned, it is not something to pick up n read about and give it a go so to speak, but from what I do know know of Reiki, it is a worthwhile skill for all to learn properly from the appropriate master.

I do however have my own concerns with Reiki, like many things, there are many false masters and due to this I am a little reticent to find a master of Reiki myself as I am not sure what the proper certification etc is for such things or even where to start looking.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17664 by
Kana is correct in trying to find that right Master in which one can learn from, it takes time and patience to find the right person. One can not truely know a Master unless hands on approach is taken especially in Martial Arts.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17694 by
You are correct and like many things there are many methods and schools of thought I myself began my education in holistic medicine well before it was the in thing to do and was fortunate to have masters and teachers who were credentialed in Europe, canada, and the Orient. as well as instructors in the military. because of this I hold myself to a high standatrd when it comes to education of myself and others as I am a teacher of quite a few subjects, subjects that I have applied in applied in my work as a Holistic Health Practitioner and a soldier. As you said there are those who profess to be somthing they are not those whom read a book and become subject matter experts in fields they should leave alone. as for finding teachers well I have made poor choices when I was younger and paid far to much for classes and seminars that yielded little. I now however spend time researhing those who offer courses ask about training and lineage, ask for refrences, ask if they have a practice. After that I listen to my gut I have studied and use variuos forms healing and energywork in my everyday practice it took me years to decide to learn Reiki simply because it was a fad that many under took simply because it was the in thing to do or it could generate another source of income I chose the tradition method using the Usui method then learning other methods inorder to inhance and understand what others are doing as not to become a sharp shooting by stander who has an opinion based on ignorance not education I myself will never promot learning anything via a book or video as a beginner or intermediate student. I will say however that once one has achieved a certain level of expertise some things can be learned in this way. I myself still learn better from and prefer actual instruction from certified instructors. because for me it is not the course as much as it is the instructor the human element that brings it together. As for cerification it is difficult hence the research and questions thers are many things that dont come with paper and by science cant be proven but they work there are things with in the site and others that cant be verified or proven yet they are honored due to titles give or faith in in the presenter. the best example of this are doctors they go to school they have diplomas they are legitimate by all accounts but it does not always make them able to practice or teach same goes for drivers license's.

Good luck should you choose to learn Reiki and if not it is after all your path and you will learn what are supposed to on your journey. MTFBWY

Dagan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17702 by
I do believe that you and Master Zanthan Storm have much to talk about when it comes to the healing arts.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17704 by
I look forward to that thx

MTFBWY

Dagan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17707 by
Dagan you souned like you have worked vearey hared and truley like your art. I complety fulley agreay with you when it comes to learing this sort of thing frome a book or videotape. yes theay can be yousfull toules wontes you have a good undearstanding and solead bace in wot you are dowing. but it tacks the reaill teching frome a reaill techear for you to truley undearstand. thear are way to maney wot i consider fonney martal art's techers out thear. theay cose so maney problbems for pepeaill how downot deserve it and it also dryves maney pepeaill away that wouedhoav bean a vearey good pratchenear.
it tacks year's to get a good bace and maney more years on top of that to evean start to understand whot you are realey dowing.
it is not easey to tech. it is full of fustrachions anoyinces and disapointments. but the good thing's that gowalong with it far far outway theam.
I think i woued like to tock to you. not about Reiki or Aikido but about teching in genraillul. i think we have alout in comon whean it comes to that.

tack care.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #17720 by
Thank you Mouse I look forward to speaking to more about aikido as well as other topics.

MTFBWY

Dagan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi