My Disappearance

More
31 May 2024 18:31 #376982 by JohnOfLight
My Disappearance was created by JohnOfLight
Hello everyone. I am not sure if this is where I would put this, so please excuse me if it isn't.
I have been a member of the Temple for many years now, but more often than not, I find myself busy with other focuses and issues in my professional or personal life. I have experienced more loss than most should at my age. I have always been a steadfast believer of the Jedi way, but I feel as if I am making mistakes. I don't follow it in the way others would.
One thing to know about me is that I am an autistic man, and things that would effect "normal" people effect me much more. I will always see things differently, and I am fine with that. However, I feel as though I can't keep up with the Temple. I've been absent long enough to see the temple go through so many physical changes, and I am stumped on what to do.
I do not mean to be absent. I truly care for the temple, but I often don't have the time to do my daily check ins and sermons. This account has been shut down by the temple twice due to this fact. It feels like a crushing rock has been placed on me, and I would appreciate advice on how to lift myself back up into the Temple and it's guidance. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 
May the Force be with you, Always. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: jpadkins, Serenity Amyntas, Andreas Starlight, Khwang, Grace Resilience, SeaChele

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2024 06:59 #376993 by Serenity Amyntas
Replied by Serenity Amyntas on topic My Disappearance
There will always be a place at this table for you my friend , i had to think on how to respond to your message and i recognize the paralyzing effect that events can have on a person. I think its a good idea when you start a journal here or at home and start writing down what your blessings and struggles are. Know that we are here and not going anywhere! 
The Jedi path can be a difficult one and keeping in touch and trying to keep up can be a bit stressing , but it should not be. 

So the best advice i can give you is to take it easy and do things in your own time. We are just a pm away and happy to help ! 

Servizio cura rispetto *Gloria alla Casa dei Soli Gemelli*

Reverend Serenity

The following user(s) said Thank You: jpadkins

More
09 Jun 2024 16:13 #377071 by SeaChele
Replied by SeaChele on topic My Disappearance
I'm still just a Guest here...but as an autistic person I empathize with what you are describing. In general, life is often just harder for us to navigate and the same activities require more energy and time from us than NTs. I've found that regularly showing up for the study halls in the Discord and engaging with an (incredibly patient and supportive) IP Sponsor even when I'm not able to actively work on the materials helps keep me connected to the community and moving forward. I hope you find a way that helps you feel connected too, friend!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Serenity Amyntas, Morkano, Khwang, Grace Resilience

More
09 Jun 2024 18:58 #377074 by jpadkins
Replied by jpadkins on topic My Disappearance
Hi John,
As Serenity has said, there is always room for you here. I find that the Discord channel is a much easier space to pop in and out of due to my other commitments.

Other than studies, sermons and meditations, I generally don't come to the site very often.

JP Adkins
Apprentice
Licensed Minister of Jediism
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Seminary / AP /
Degrees Tracker
House of Br John
TM- Raxicorico
” May you feel the presence of the Force because the Force is always with you.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serenity Amyntas

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTaviKhwang