A need for healing...

More
16 years 1 month ago #12505 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:A need for healing...
Whatever happened to Dishwalla anyway?

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Founder of The Order

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12506 by
Replied by on topic Re:A need for healing...
Thank you...I am having a hard time and idk just..ugh..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12529 by
Pain is merely weakness leaving the body. I know you are strong enough to get through this...if you aren't..lol i'll beat that mantra into you till u trick urself into thinking you are!

More
16 years 1 month ago #12567 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:A need for healing...
Lenje are you getting any medication to help with the pain? If you are reluctant to take Vicodin or the hard core like due to the problems with addiction that's understandable. If you are then a good doctor will know that when it's time to quit you don't just stop and get sick as Hell.

You have to ween off it over 10 days or so but don't be surprised when doctors know lots about certain things but are ignorant of others.

I suffer from chronic pain with a torn rotator cuff in my shoulder. I cannot get the surgery as I'd be incapacitated for months and taking care of Mother in a wheelchair and with my GrandMother needing to use a wheelchair when we go out I just have to live with the condition.

Tramadol works very well and is difficult (not impossible) to get addicted to. There is also Ultram ER which is an extended release version of the medication. It's low on the DEA Schedule list as being 'unlikely' on the abuse scale.

I mention this because many doctors don't think of it but when asked say, \"That's a good idea\". You can take Tramadol with Tylenol to enhance it's effect with little to no addictive properties.

If this does not help you it might help somebody so I thought I'd get it down on the record.

I am not saying forget about meditation and mental discipline. I know dentists that can hypnotize patients and drill teeth with no shots! But I am saying that being noble can become obsessive and suffering when there are reasonable and safe options available is not wise or noble.

I don't pretend to know the details of your treatment and I'm not an MD. I did want to share this information should someone search the site for \"chronic pain\".

All the best,

Br. John+

p.s. If I were you I'd take Perris up on that offer to beat in into you.:P

Founder of The Order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #12592 by
Actually, Br.John....my knowledge on opiates is very vast...you may send me a PM about that one, its not something im proud of...

I had about 5 cortisone shots into my back (3 or 4 in my lunbar and 2 in my cervical) they seem to be helping quite a bit

not to say i dont have pain, but its helped greatly...hopefully it will keep helping...and yes..I have always been a big supporter of \"mind over matter\" but when my mind is distracted by so much crap its kind of hard to get over matter, if you know what I mean?

and no thank you, I dont like the smell mantra leaves XP

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi