Darth Bane: Rule of Two

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8165 by
Darth Bane: Rule of Two was created by
I saw this on the web site a couple of days ago, and wanted to give some of you a heads up about it.

http://starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/news20071010.html

The first book was really good, and I recommend it for those of you who haven't read an EU book before.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8170 by
Replied by on topic Re:Darth Bane: Rule of Two
I'm reading \"Shatterpoint\" which follows Jedi Master Mace Windu in search for a lost Jedi Knight on his home world. I would like to read others. I've been caught up in the Illustrated novels. Is there a good starting point for reading the paper backs?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8172 by
Shatterpoint is a great novel. I read this one a while ago, and was very pleased. You can hop around with some of the novels, but many go in series. I'm currently working on the new Legacy of the Force series, which is great. I'm also working on the New Jedi Order series, it is a nice fill in while waiting for the newer novels to come out. Hope you enjoy the book.

DK

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8174 by
If you are a stickler for the timeline, then you should read Darth Maul: Shadowhunter. Thats a good one. It gives some behind the scenes situations that lead up to Ep I. The New Jedi Order series is where I began to read the books, and really enjoyed them.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_books

This is where I began to collect the books. I went in as much of an order as I could after I had read the New Jedi Order series. My favorites are: I, Jedi, Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, and Labyrinth of Evil. Check em out.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8205 by
KieranHalcyon wrote:

If you are a stickler for the timeline, then you should read Darth Maul: Shadowhunter. Thats a good one. It gives some behind the scenes situations that lead up to Ep I. The New Jedi Order series is where I began to read the books, and really enjoyed them.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_books

This is where I began to collect the books. I went in as much of an order as I could after I had read the New Jedi Order series. My favorites are: I, Jedi, Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, and Labyrinth of Evil. Check em out.

Actually, DUMMY, the first book that ties in with the movies is called Cloak of Deception. It is about Qui-Gon Jinn, and a mission he is sent on by Supreme Chancellor Valorum. It's good, but kind of slow. There are some really cool parts with Palpatine though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8212 by
i read the first one and i loved it
Bane is a really Sith
cant wait for the new one to come out

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8223 by
I have read shadow hunter, it was alright, I wasn't real happy with it. I just felt that it Darth Maul should have been more of a bad a$$ concidering that right after this, Ep I starts and he takes out Qui Gon, he would not screw up as much stuff as he did in the book. The story line didn't seem that great either, but it was decent I guess. I have not read Cloak of Deception though, so I'll have to look for that one.

DK

More
16 years 6 months ago #8230 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Darth Bane: Rule of Two
I have recently read three books as an assignment from the Ashla Knights Academy site. They were Darth Maul; Shadowhunter, Dark Lord; The rise of Darth Vader, and Outbound Flight. All are very good, but I agree with DK, I would have liked to see Maul as beeing a little more intense.
Outbound Flight was an assignment that delt with Actions unbecomeing a Jedi, also a good read.

I am looking forward to Darth Bane, and I'll have to keep a look out for
Cloak of Deception as well.

Master Lenny

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi