[Lightsabers] Crystal Chambers!

More
6 years 1 month ago #318684 by steamboat28
Anybody added a crystal chamber to their saber, or have one installed? If so, let's see what you've got! I need ideas.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #318717 by Zero
I personally haven't seen the need. To me the crystal chambers are more for display pieces, and I use mine. But when I googled crystal chambers there were a lot of cool pics that came up. A cpl even sparked my interest a bit.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentice: Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini, Khwang

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #318728 by
Replied by on topic [Lightsabers] Crystal Chambers!
Dont have one atm, but been looking at this as a replacement blade plug:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by .

More
6 years 1 month ago #319202 by Adder
I dig looking at the work that goes into Graflex sabers, they have a crystal placement. Dunno what they are like or if practical to use but pretty.
https://graflexsaber.portfoliobox.net/sabers

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, , Zenith Felwood

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330481 by

Zero Storm wrote: I personally haven't seen the need. To me the crystal chambers are more for display pieces, and I use mine. But when I googled crystal chambers there were a lot of cool pics that came up. A cpl even sparked my interest a bit.

I've thought about making a lightsaber with a crystal in it, just for personal reasons. I mean, a lightsaber should have a crystal, seems only fair... and while I'd like to have some kind of twist-and-open mechanism to reveal it, I'd mostly like to keep it closed So I'm wondering if it's possible to do that and still have a combat-ready lightsaber, or if I should just have two versions of the same hilt design... I don't know... I'm still super poor, so nowhere near beginning it, but it's something I like thinking about.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330504 by Gisteron
What I did on a saber I designed and almost finished building (it's been on hold for a few years now, I should seriously get around to it) is this: I had a choke just under the emitter section, and I put a simple LED there. The shroud piece though has openings on the other side of where that LED is, so the light has to reflect off the shroud and hilt surface all the way around the choke and out of that slit. This "fake chamber" gives the appearance of depth and detail, though costs very little in terms of materials and crafting efforts, and of course it doesn't compromise the saber's structural integrity. It is every bit as sparring-worthy as it would be without that (admittedly, that may mean much or little, I frankly can't tell), it just looks prettier.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 week ago #337284 by
Here are my 2 one off custom crystal chamber lightsabers. One is purple led and the other is rgb.
Attachments:

More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #337345 by Streen
I found this one to be particularly well designed.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Streen.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 1 week ago #337429 by
If you want a personal one that you design on Etsy or was is a company called kalymianCustomSabers you can get a stunt saber made out of pvc or start from scratch and get an aluminium hilt with sound and with or without crystal chamber.
If you send him a request and quote for your design.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi