Why purple?

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #235661 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Why purple?

Cayce wrote: As for the new canon though, 'Kyber Crystals' are the offical crystals that are used in lightsabers. They have NO color, until they are chosen by a Jedi. Most often a sort of vision / force quest (happens in Clone Wars) takes place, leading the Jedi to one.

The Force guided their selection, finding a crystal that matched them as Jedi. Crystals lacked color before they were chosen by a Jedi. Once chosen, most lightsabers became blue or green, though other shades were created in rare instances, most notably Mace Windu's purple blade, the yellow blades of the Jedi Temple Guards, the black darksaber and Ahsoka Tano's white lightsabers.

While I love the deep history of Legends, I really like the colorless crystals that change once they find a user.

That doesn't make a lot of sense unless the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars series isn't canon, because during the attack on Ilum , Luminara Unduli and Bariss Offee are in the Temple where they get the crystals, and their are pillars of both blue and green crystals in that particular Temple. Do I misunderstand the bounds of "new" canon?
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by steamboat28.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #235663 by
Replied by on topic Why purple?

That doesn't make a lot of sense unless the Genndy Tartakovsky "Clone Wars" series isn't canon

That's actually correct, the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars series is not Canon, and falls under the "Legends" classification now.

So, anything from that series is null as far as the universe is concerned. Sadly, because I loved those episodes!

I highly recommend watching " The Gathering " episode of the other Clone Wars series, though. It's the episode dealing with younglings selecting their crystals, and it's pretty amazing.

New Canon can be summarized as:
Movies
Clone Wars TV Show (Disney)
Star Wars: Rebels
New books/Comics

You can find a constantly updated list here, though! :D
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by .

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #235664 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Why purple?
Please excuse me but when talking on Star Wars I don't have the lingo so my questions are genuine. What is considered Cannon and what exactly is Cannon as per this subject?
I ask cuz there soooooo much out there.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #235668 by

carlos.martinez3 wrote: Please excuse me but when talking on Star Wars I don't have the lingo so my questions are genuine. What is considered Cannon and what exactly is Cannon as per this subject?

No need to apologize! I love talking cannon.

A quick summary is, when Disney bought Star Wars, they wanted to hit the 'reset' button on cannon, due to the EU becoming massive, unwieldy, and outright crazy in some books/comics.

So, they wiped the slate down to the very basics, and they've slowly been 'bringing back' aspects of the EU that are solid. There's a lot of hints towards even Thrawn and Revan returning!
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by .

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #235670 by Carlos.Martinez3
Wow. Holy Moley! Thank you so much!

Build, not tear down.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #235672 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Why purple?

Cayce wrote: That's actually correct, the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars series is not Canon, and falls under the "Legends" classification now.

So, anything from that series is null as far as the universe is concerned. Sadly, because I loved those episodes!

I understand the desire to lessen the restrictions on nearly forty years worth of canon, but some of the decisions they've made regarding this are ludicrous, especially since I didn't see anything in Clone Wars that was directly contradicted by The Clone Wars, which was (imo) an inferior series anyhow.

I guess I'll just be a grognard and hang out in Legends land. lol

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #235674 by Carlos.Martinez3
I have copies of star wars when they.. disney I think released xomic books on it before the movie came out, I thought coo.. blew my mind. Now I can't keep track of what's what who's who and why. Thank you so much for the help. If I could find the answer to that question it netter be here! Jk but not really.

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 weeks ago #235676 by

steamboat28 wrote: I guess I'll just be a grognard and hang out in Legends land. lol

I disliked this idea at first too, but now I love it.

I still love the old EU, but a lot of it did jump the shark. This reset is being managed by the amazing Lucasfilm "Story Group" , which controlled the Force Awakens, and is working to ensure all the materials make sense from this point on. So a random comic doesn't conflict with a movie, or a different book for instance.

Doesn't mean I still don't eat up the EU, enjoy it, and re-read the Thrawn Trilogy yearly, haha.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 weeks ago #235677 by

carlos.martinez3 wrote: I have copies of star wars when they.. disney I think released xomic books on it before the movie came out, I thought coo.. blew my mind. Now I can't keep track of what's what who's who and why. Thank you so much for the help. If I could find the answer to that question it netter be here! Jk but not really.

My pleasure! If you want an even easier (and awesome imo) list, check out the FAQ on Reddit's Star Wars community . They have a curated list explaining how to watch clone wars (it was aired out of order) and all the new books/comics you can find.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 weeks ago #235679 by
I never really read any of the EU but I am getting many of the current Star Wars comics and they are amazing. The Vader Down crossover story in particular was fantastic.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi