Darth Maul: Apprentice (Short Film)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #233197 by
What was so special about Obi-Wan that made him win?

Plot. He was destined to make it to episode 4.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #233201 by

Khaos wrote: What was so special about Obi-Wan that made him win?

Plot. He was destined to make it to episode 4.

I refuse to believe that, Khaos, lol. NOOOOOOOOOOO!

More
8 years 1 month ago #233289 by Adder
Determination sometimes needs a bit of a jolt to 'wake up'.

Darth Maul's death looked like just surprise rather then any unique Form... basically just a forward flip from handhold followed by a simple slash - the gymnastics is the most impressive bit. A combination of unexpected move with inadequate resting defence.... Maul was either tired (slow, doubt it), inexperienced (unlikely) or filled with ego (likely) against Obi Wan. The female Apprentice in this vid seemd IMO to be Form III, but slipping back to Form V when getting tired.

I don't think Maul thought it was compassion which he was contemplating, but his Master knew better :lol:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #233311 by

Proteus wrote: This is (actually) a fan-made film...

Warning: Spoiler!

:ohmy:

And this has to do with what? :unsure:

More
8 years 1 month ago #233321 by Proteus

Rickie wrote:

Just respect for a very well made Star Wars fan-film. (The relevancy is the Star Wars forum section that this thread is posted in btw).

(Yes, even I enjoy and like to share some Star Wars fiction from time to time, why not?) :)

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 1 month ago #233324 by RyuJin
obi-wan's secret?....could it possibly be....love?...in the fiction master and apprentice form a bond, what happens to one can be felt by the other...when qui gon was killed obi-wan was overcome with grief...he had to focus his grief in order to devise a strategy, and summon the strength to stop maul from killing anyone else...think about the stories about mothers being able to do superhuman feats in order to save their children...love....emotion is a powerful tool if you can harness it.

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #233330 by

RyuJin wrote: obi-wan's secret?....could it possibly be....love?...in the fiction master and apprentice form a bond, what happens to one can be felt by the other...when qui gon was killed obi-wan was overcome with grief...he had to focus his grief in order to devise a strategy, and summon the strength to stop maul from killing anyone else...think about the stories about mothers being able to do superhuman feats in order to save their children...love....emotion is a powerful tool if you can harness it.

Argh... I hate when "love" is the reason for things. It feels like weaksauce. But you're right xD

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 1 month ago #233333 by RyuJin

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

RyuJin wrote: obi-wan's secret?....could it possibly be....love?...in the fiction master and apprentice form a bond, what happens to one can be felt by the other...when qui gon was killed obi-wan was overcome with grief...he had to focus his grief in order to devise a strategy, and summon the strength to stop maul from killing anyone else...think about the stories about mothers being able to do superhuman feats in order to save their children...love....emotion is a powerful tool if you can harness it.

Argh... I hate when "love" is the reason for things. It feels like weaksauce. But you're right xD

lol...believe it or not, i'm not fond of it myself, but only because i have almost no experience with it firsthand, i have witnessed it in others...due to bullies, an abusive childhood, and a lifetime of misfortune i have more firsthand experience using anger/rage/hate than love...but emotion is emotion...and emotion is a powerful tool....

most of the time when i see a couple acting all "lovey dovey" part of me wants to vomit, another part of me wants to smack their heads together....

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #233389 by

Proteus wrote:

Rickie wrote:

Just respect for a very well made Star Wars fan-film. (The relevancy is the Star Wars forum section that this thread is posted in btw).

(Yes, even I enjoy and like to share some Star Wars fiction from time to time, why not?) :)

the Star Wars forum section

Sorry for the knee jerk post.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

More
8 years 1 month ago #233390 by Alexandre Orion
RyuJin wrote :

most of the time when i see a couple acting all "lovey dovey" part of me wants to vomit, another part of me wants to smack their heads together....

... because I envy that Joy and yearn for it. (in my case, of course) :)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi