The lightsaber forms in real life

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215337 by

steamboat28 wrote:

ExplorerNeal wrote: ...with my bokken...

We always used shinai to better simulate the straight-bladed, omni-directional cutting surface, since most proper bokken are curved.

Also, these things exist: Terra Prime Lightsaber Academy , LudoSport .

Almeida wrote: Yeah, the shinai here is better.

cool where are you guys training?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215344 by

Bareus wrote: What if you were to apply the fictional lightsaber forms in real life?

What are your thoughts on this?

I have a 9th form to propose, if that's what the original post asks.

I quite like form 1 and 3 for multiple opponents. I like the rest too, particularly 2, 5.2, and 7.2 for a single training partner : )

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215345 by
Replied by on topic The lightsaber forms in real life
Currently, nowhere. I need to strengthen my shoulder muscle in order to be able to hold a sword again, or learn to fight with the left hand. I had an accident years ago, and still can't get weight or too much motion with my right arm. I got back to gym and will start karate and boxing next year, so I'll probably be able to get back to practice before the first semester ends.

I used to practice with Miyamoto Musashi's katas, but I'll probably use the Jedi Forms now, since they are amazing for the format of the shinai, since they are about a straight "blade" with no "right" side. You can't direct a lightsaber side to your arm as you can with a sword, it would cut you the same way.

Even though they're completely fictional and impossible to have, the technique needed to master them is a little more advanced, in my opinion, than the one of a regular sword.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215352 by

Almeida wrote: Currently, nowhere. I need to strengthen my shoulder muscle in order to be able to hold a sword again, or learn to fight with the left hand. I had an accident years ago, and still can't get weight or too much motion with my right arm. I got back to gym and will start karate and boxing next year, so I'll probably be able to get back to practice before the first semester ends.

if I could accelerate the integrity of the rehab, please accept my intention to offer assistance
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215360 by

Entropist wrote:

Almeida wrote: Currently, nowhere. I need to strengthen my shoulder muscle in order to be able to hold a sword again, or learn to fight with the left hand. I had an accident years ago, and still can't get weight or too much motion with my right arm. I got back to gym and will start karate and boxing next year, so I'll probably be able to get back to practice before the first semester ends.

if I could accelerate the integrity of the rehab, please accept my intention to offer assistance

Any help.is appreciated, although I'm not sure if how exactly I'd be helped, since I live in Brazil.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215362 by

Almeida wrote:

Any help.is appreciated, although I'm not sure if how exactly I'd be helped, since I live in Brazil.

I can tell you methods and you can give feedback. I'll message you when I log on from laptop

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi