What is your favorite Star Wars story?

More
8 years 7 months ago #202743 by TheDude
Rules: Only singular entities count! That means only one book, only one movie, etc.
My vote is for (the light side) Knights of the Old Republic. KOTOR was not only an amazing game, but contained some of the best characters in the Star Wars universe. Who could forget your lovely little assassin droid, or Mission's story with her brother? Not to mention that this was one of the first times we've seen or heard anything about the distant past in Star Wars.

What's your favorite?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #202781 by
I loved the episode 3 of the series, I love the story of Anakin, I think he is the main character all the stories, because everything revolves around him or things he did. Another exciting point is the final battle of the film, between Anakin and Obi Wan is chilling the skin, very exciting, and not only that, but all the action of the film is wonderful.

PS: Waiting for release of episode 7 with all my strength.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #202784 by
Definitely "Return of the Jedi". I grew up watching it as a kid. Loved all the different terrains they fought on. The Ewoks were hilarious. Got to see Lando in action, and less we forget...the golden bikini. Also after watching episode 3 as an adult, the perspective is so much more inclusive. Especially the final fight when palpatine is shocking the hell out of Luke, Vader looks back and fourth between his son and his master. You just want to scream "Anakin, save him!!!". Say what you want about episodes 1-3, but I believe knowing the origins give a much deeper connection and different view of episodes 4-6.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #202785 by
The story of CT-5539, a.k.a. Hock Malsuum. Just got done reading it last night with my son. It's got some very interesting parts that stand out to me, personally.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 7 months ago #202786 by ren
I'd have to vote for kotor, because lucas ruined kotor2. If only they'd let the game developers finish the job I think it would have been better than kotor1. Also kotor 1's revan revelation moment is gold, 100 times better than darth vader's "no I am your father". When you tell your plans to your companions on the beach, you have the option (if darksider) to make Zalbaar kill Mission... Such a mad moment. Not just the greatest star wars story, the greatest videogame ever made.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #202824 by
Unfortunately my favorite wouldn't count as it was from the Clone Wars series, and as such was broken up into several episodes, or it could not be told.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #202830 by

CryojenX wrote: Unfortunately my favorite wouldn't count as it was from the Clone Wars series, and as such was broken up into several episodes, or it could not be told.

Was there a particular storyline in the Clone Wars series you liked best? I just about died when they did that episode with the unit clones who weren't cutting it during performance reviews and then became something more.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #202833 by

Jamie Stick wrote:

CryojenX wrote: Unfortunately my favorite wouldn't count as it was from the Clone Wars series, and as such was broken up into several episodes, or it could not be told.

Was there a particular storyline in the Clone Wars series you liked best? I just about died when they did that episode with the unit clones who weren't cutting it during performance reviews and then became something more.

For me, it was the last story arc with Yoda's journey to better understand the Force. That one moved me to tears.

More
8 years 7 months ago #202840 by Gisteron
Definitely and inhesitantly Knights of The Old Republic. It took everything that was great about the original trilogy, mimicked it without aping it but rather expanding on it, introduced some of the deepest and most facetted and human characters in not only arguably all of Star Wars but in all of gaming at the time, too and - perhaps most importantly - showed us the perpetual and recurring shortcomings of just about every political or philosophical stance of any remotely noteworthy group it presented us with.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #202850 by Ben
Definitely KOTOR for me too. The depth of characterisation is just astoundingly good.

As its not my main pick (and therefore I'm hopefully not cheating by not talking about a singular film), I'm going to say as well that I do love the overarching story of the 6 main movies too. Yes, even the prequel trilogy...there's a lot about the prequels that isn't so great, but underneath all the nonsense there's still a very powerful story about love and loss and corruption and general humanity :)

The majority of the EU (now non-canon) stuff I'm not so keen on, story-wise.

B.Div | OCP
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Ben.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi