Lightsaber duels

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 week ago #184841 by
Lightsaber duels was created by
Has anyone else noticed that an ABNORMALLY HIGH percentage of lightsaber duels take place on catwalks?
I mean seriously the empire strikes back, star wars rebels fire across the galaxy, to many in the clone wars to name, the phantom menace kenobi/jinn vs maul, revenge of the sith. I mean do these people just go around building catwalks everywhere they go?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 week ago #184849 by
Replied by on topic Lightsaber duels
Good point. I guess it's more fun to force jump onto skinny railings than it is to just duel on the flat ground. Besides, this way there is always a giant bottomless hole or pit of lava for someone to fall into.

And ever notice that they are always hanging out on planets with crappy weather too? Deserts, frozen wastelands, muggy swamps, lava pits... With places like Naboo and Endor around, why would anybody live on Hoth or Tatooine? Half the places they go are just dirt and rocks.

More
9 years 1 week ago #184850 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Lightsaber duels
From a storytelling perspective it is meant to be indicative of the severity of the conflict.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin

More
9 years 1 week ago #184856 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Lightsaber duels
Jedi need a better union.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #184859 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Lightsaber duels
I've read a few times that in civilian shipbuilding that building empty space is free :pinch:

Probably means its cheaper not to put up walls but I think it also means its not too expensive (in relative terms) to go bigger with a design (to meet other demands) if it leaves a lot of empty space internally. Perhaps you can ask more money for a larger ship, even if it is just full of empty spaces....

I'd guess that ship's (whether maritime or space environs) are designed as a compromise between environment and purpose, and the spaces that are created as a result and not used get left empty, but still need access corridors, hence catwalks. So to me they say 'really large structure designed for other function'. Compare that to a military ship which has no spare room because they try to make it small and big at the same time
:lol:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by Adder.

More
9 years 1 week ago #184875 by a67
Replied by a67 on topic Lightsaber duels
I think there some metaphoric theme.
But also, the relativity.Timing is important too.
Yeah! More you move and more you gain time.
So if the oppenent are moving or retreating and you just stand there...
You loose time and in a fight one second can be fatal and more with weapon like lightsaber.
Even if it's just perception... It's not with perception that we make our choice?
Even in blind fighting is our perception of sensing. I love to see video on relativity.
Little by little I understand that I am always moving through time space.
The Earth move fast you knew?
I think it's like 30000 meter/ minutes (I am not sure)and turn on himself & travel time space.
Anyway it's not the speed light but... It's fast!

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 1 week ago #184897 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Lightsaber duels
it created cinematic tension....and was also a way of demonstrating the skills and agility of the jedi/sith.....

a duel in an open field sucks to watch...a fight on a floating platform over lava....cinematic gold...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi