Chapter Two

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9162 by
Replied by on topic Re:Chapter Two
Derc Denolo wrote:

A lot of interesting concepts in this chapter. In particular the part about the ball in space is somewhat vague which works in it's advantage. How can you tell if the ball is moving without another ball to compare it to? This applies to all things in life, how can you tell how far you have gotten in life if you can't look at where you started? How can you judge what is good without knowing what evil is? how bright is a light without a shadow to compare to?

Lucky for us all we are each a very unique ball that we can judge each other against, because without a each other we are both complete light and dark, good and evil, a saint and a butcher.

The only question left in that regard is, Where is the spiritual ball to judge ourselves from?

Cat through a fence. It is true that people tend to view things narrowly as cause and effect without seeing the big picture, but it also true that cause and effect is an easy way of understanding most situations. To see the bigger picture of things it would require a large selection of information to avoid assumptions that may be incorrect.

The major problem that people have with death is that they can only imagine two points, the internal self and the physical world, the spiritual concept does not come into play for most. For thousands of years people have had to ask what happens when they die, what happens to their internal self. They fear loosing both the internal and the physical so the idea that the physical body is shed and the internal self stays became popular. This helped ease some people's suffering until the idea of alternative destinations came into being with most modern religions, heaven and hell. The Greeks believed that every mortal person that died went to Hades so there wasn't much to worry about, Hades is both light and dark. Now people worry themselves with the idea of where their internal self will go.

Two spheres Internal Physical, you can only have a narrow linear view.

Perhaps we should start adding new spheres and see where that gets us. I will propose a Spiritual sphere, one that connects both the physical and internal self in such a way that they create a whole. It would seem from my perspective that all of life can be represented by a triangle.

Neither light nor dark should win. If all things are light then things become simple and less interesting. Anyone who has worked in 3d programs understand what an object looks like when it is lit equally from all sides, it looses its beauty. Are whole life we have avoided the dark as we cannot see well in it which has caused it to be seen as a negative. Bright, pure light makes things easy to see but also takes away the details as it kills all the shadows.

So in summary Light and Dark is not a good way to judge thing as its linear, requires a third \"gray\" point to clarify things.

Very good analysis and suggestions.

Grade A-

M (Br. John+) Instructor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 9 months ago #23300 by
Replied by on topic Re:Chapter Two
This chapter makes me think of Duality (i think thats the word), that from there bieng good there is evil etc, it changed my believes to the fact that everything is linked everything has an oposite and we are like computers 0/1's and finaly that without one thing there cannot be another witch to me says thats everything must exist if one thing dont exist then nothing can meaning everythign exists and everything is possible there are limitations but at the same time there are no limitations.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #304152 by
Replied by on topic Spirit Wind Chapter Two
This chapter seemed to stress the concept that reality is concrete through personal perception. A rainbows is just a refraction of light if not viewed through the perception of a beholder. The beauty of the world can be seen if the Ego is set aside and perception is allowed to view all angles in order to fully grasp the image before them. One example I had thought of was when my mother was pregnant with my younger brother ( i was around 7) she inexplicably momentarily died on the birthing table. I remember thinking only about myself (i was young and through age and maturing accepted that that was ok at that time)and that my mom was dieing and it was nothing but bad. However, I later learned in life that her momentarily dieing during the birthing process allowed the doctors to discover the cancer that had riddled my mother's ovaries.They removed it all and found that my little brother was to be a twin but one of the twins took in all the cancer so that the little brother whom is graduating the military next month and about to be a dad may live as well as my mother. At the time I'm sure I could not behold the miracle and beauty of sacrifice that a fetal twin of my brother saved the one that lived's life. As an adult and by allowing my Ego to stand down ( i could've blamed the Living brother for almost killing our mom) I appreciate having both my mother and my little brother more vibrantly due to the "rainbow" that I had the fortune to bear witness and be a compassionate ear and heart.
The importance of that story as well as this chapter in whole is that through perceptions realities form. It's with the effort of discipline and desire for understanding that our perceptions are allowed to view from all angles catching the glimpses of rainbows in storms that others would only view as pessimistic rain and turmoil. Through this achievement we better understand those around us and the rainbows that have colored their lives and own perceptions, making it easier and more beneficial to make connections that will further the synergy of the Living Force around us.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi