Bonus Topic One

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2426 by
Bonus Topic One was created by
http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html

This is a real 501(c)3 church in the United States.

What do you think about this?

On a personal note; when they came to Beaumont Texas to protest at the funeral of a young black soldier they were kept back over five and one half blocks by The People! Good for us.

John [Editorial]
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2429 by
Replied by on topic Re:Bonus Topic One
its sick, they are disgusting, i dont know but what is it with religious fanatics and trying to voice how they feel at times like these. feel how you do but to grieving parents keep you're voice out of it. god wants us to help not hate.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2430 by
I have spent much time speaking with folks from this church when they travel to Omaha (where, by the way, they are very, very rarely allowed to protest [whether good or bad i cannot yet tell, i mean, they do have 1st amendment rights] due to the controversial nature of thier protesting and methods.) in an effort to not only understand what they may think justifies this belief but also why they are so fervent.

It appalls me that anyone caling themselves Christian would hate. No where in the Bible does it say \"though shalt hate\" it only speaks of loving others. Christ himself taught \"turn the other cheek\" for crying out loud. Just as Jedi, Christians are taught to Love. To have compassion. And just like radical Islam is to real, practicing, Peaceloving Muslims, this group is radical Christianity.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2433 by
Wow. Well I read and watched at least 25-30% of the website and am at best confused. I could respect their message if they included the appropriate repentance that is preached for sinning, but I did not find that anywhere. Now being a soldier and having been to soldier's funerals, I do not agree with that aspect of their \"ministry\". Soldiers follow orders. If those orders go against the will of the people, then the people elect a different Commander in chief. I see alot of heart here that is going actually going against the Bible that I have read and loved for years. And besides, that head pastor kind of reminds me of the guy from Poltergeist. Scary...
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2438 by
oh my goodness! These people are crazy! That head preacher guy keeps saying the same thing over and over in his podcast sermons....hatethe gays hate fags...yadda yadda. he seems to think he's profound. And he's misquoting the bible left and right. God NEVER said anything like what he's claiming.

\"no special laws for fags....\" he reminds me of one of those aryan race supporters. This is disgusting to hear.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2440 by
People like this have totally lost the meaning of the Bible in their hate speech. It's truly a sad thing... I'm not a Christian. But even I know Jesus was all about love. Sure he rebuked sinners, but that was always the self righteous religious \"leaders\" of the day. Jesus more often loved and healed, not hated...sad...
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2450 by
This group brings back horrible memories from growing up in a simular church environment, but not as extreme as this one. It's disheartening to hear hate flow so freely from the lips of a person as this. They are entitled to their views and their rights, but like any extremist, they beat this kind of ignorance into their children who know no better. Their protest of the funerals of the troops is a low thing. It's not the time nor the place. These troops and their families have done nothing to deserve such treatment. As a member of the military, it causes certain emotions to stir within me that I have to keep in check to prevent them from becoming anger. I completely disagree with their motives, message, and methods. This is exactly why a large majority of cities and towns are passing laws saying this group and those like it must stay \"X\" distance from the funeral and such, even if they are allowed to hold their protest. Again, it makes me sad.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2457 by
I reserve the right as a foreigner to not comment in this case, as my perspective is controlled by media, secondhand at best, and the opinion of a person not affected by these events.

Suffice to say that the funeral of anyone, in my opinion, especially that of a serviceman killed in the line of duty is a sacred event. As such it should be free of the involvement of strangers with personal agendas. Have we not all been angered by the recent terrorist attacks on funeral and marriage parties? Indeed, a suicide bomb attack is a far more lethal event than a protest, but the same disrespect of a sacred event such as funerals or marriage seems not to matter to either the terrorists or the bigots of this world.

MTFBWY
thud
More
16 years 10 months ago #2462 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Bonus Topic One
Well, what can I say? Their banner says it all. I normally would examine further but I'm at work and don't want that site up on my screen.
MTFBWUA
Lenny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2575 by
War_Beauty wrote:

oh my goodness! These people are crazy! That head preacher guy keeps saying the same thing over and over in his podcast sermons....hatethe gays hate fags...yadda yadda. he seems to think he's profound. And he's misquoting the bible left and right. God NEVER said anything like what he's claiming.

\"no special laws for fags....\" he reminds me of one of those aryan race supporters. This is disgusting to hear.

Don't say I did not warn you but check YouTube for CNN coverage and the anchor totally loses it on a female attorney, one of their prominant members.

Br. John
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi