[Science] Study: Acetaminophen dulling your empathy?

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 10 months ago #241393 by Jestor
My wife texted this to me, and says, jokingly, "this could be what happened to me."...

She is NOT very empathetic, and HAS been on acetaminophen since she was very young, and takes 800-1000 mg every time she needs some...

idk if that is common in folks who take a lot of aspirin, but, interesting, anyway...

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #241398 by
That is really fascinating. People insist that you are always the primary mover in all areas of your life, but tiny things in our environment/food/water help shape our personalities in sometimes dramatic ways too without us even realizing it. Look at how large a factor sleep is in every aspect of your life, then the small things that can keep you from sleeping, you know?

Once we eliminate those other things that sway us, who will we be? It's certainly interesting to think about.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #241403 by
I have a lot of experience with pharmaceuticals and their effects on the body/mind connection.

I have type 2 diabetes, and this has me on blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, liver meds, pancreas hormones... All sorts of fun stuff.

I am convinced that drugs, especially taken long term, have transformative effects that are not always good. It's just a problem when we need them to live...

In these situations, focusing exclusively on getting as balanced as possible is ideal. I wonder if lifestyle changes would help with your wife's Acetaminophen need?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi