Brain Body Connection

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #172663 by
Brain Body Connection was created by
Being physically human makes us... well, think like a Human.

How does our physicallity shape our mentality?

Mass shapes gravity and gravity tells mass how to move (I think that's a hypothesis).... So, body shapes mind and mind tells body how to move...?

"The Mind-Bending effects of Feeling 2 hearts"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #173013 by
Replied by on topic Brain Body Connection
Interesting post, Arkayik,

Correct me if I am wrong, but what you mean, if I understand: Our different body shape, male, female, fat, thin can affect our mentality. We are all shaped differently thereby producing different results of our subjective experiences. In addition an extension of that, we can create whole new cognitive experiences and different conciousness such as changing our bodies through modifications. Such as the Mangbetu tribe in Africa and their pursuit of higher conciousness Head Elongation Mangbetu Tribe :::Click Here:::

Love and Light xx

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #173039 by

Ariane wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but what you mean, if I understand:

Any confusion was caused by my poorly worded original post, my apologies.

The first statement - in the OP - indicates that I believe our thought processes are bounded by our human-structural shape. I'm not aware that we could think differently than our shared-humanity dictates.

To do it properly I should have asked can we transcend our human wiring and think in any other way than as a human? I'm not even sure that's a real question as opposed to a non-sequitur.

The second 2 statements were actually questions. As such, I would not have asked if I was sure of the answer. I'm not a Socrates to teach with leading-questions. :laugh:

I'm delighted that you found the questions meaningful. Feel free to share further insights you might have.

Do you sense that something about your physicality changes your thinking as compared with what one might expect of a generic human thought-model?

I'm not so sure that - beyond transient chemical fluctuations - shape of body significantly changes the potential for human-thought. Neither had I given it much thought prior to reading the article....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #173046 by

Arkayik wrote: I'm not aware that we could think differently than our shared-humanity dictates.

Nature or nurture defines us, but yes we can, and do think differently, we have vastly different mental functions between people. But with a similar shaped brain...

Arkayik wrote: To do it properly I should have asked can we transcend our human wiring and think in any other way than as a human?

Well its difficult to say what standard human thought is like, since were so diverse. We can and we will transcend our human wiring. I found your post note worthy, certainly, we can change and improve our mental function. And yes we will evolve into something drastically different. I think shape has a lot to do with how we operate, if we had bigger brains and all. But we humans are the only known being that has such high mental function, so any comparison is difficult.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #173056 by
"I think therefore I am" or "I am therefore I think"

I wonder if the truth might be somewhere in the middle?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #173060 by
I think it is entirely possible to free yourself of the shackles of your own physicality, however taking on the mentality of another physical form (e.g a butterfly) may very well be out of reach for most people.

I myself have felt a growing distance between my mental processes and my human form, being that the two no longer work in sync like they used to. I have lost all feeling of desire, even that to live. Not that I want to die, I'm just no longer partial to either side. I think if it is possible to forgo our most basic instincts (being the survival instinct), then it would be entirely possible to lose all connection with your physical form.

I once discussed this with a friend, and he believed that the highest stage in the human evolution would be the elimination of a physical presence, as it holds our conscious selves back.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #173085 by

Ariane wrote: Nature or nurture defines us, but yes we can, and do think differently, we have vastly different mental functions between people. But with a similar shaped brain...

I believe the above is a value-judgement of the thought, I would submit that regardless of capacity, it is all-human, all the time...

Ariane wrote: We can and we will transcend our human wiring.....

But we humans are the only known being that has such high mental function, so any comparison is difficult.

Can you explain the first belief statment.

I think the second is again a value judgement, humans can only think as human structure provides. A value-assessment is in the eye of the beholder... An amoeba might not have capacity for deep thought, but I'm sure there are genius amoeba and less genius amoeba... Regardless of quality, is it fair to say they can only think like an amoeba?
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #173090 by

Fenton wrote: I think it is entirely possible to free yourself of the shackles of your own physicality, however taking on the mentality of another physical form (e.g a butterfly) may very well be out of reach for most people.

To the first, how?

To the second, yes, exactly that.

Our truly mult-lingual bretheren might better advise with regard to does thinking in different languages have a qualitative difference (I'm not fluent in other languages, just dabbled). But while this might identify a qualitative difference in human-thought patterns, it still doesn't get at physicality and its possible effects, if any...

Fenton wrote: I myself have felt a growing distance between my mental processes and my human form, being that the two no longer work in sync like they used to. I have lost all feeling of desire, even that to live. Not that I want to die, I'm just no longer partial to either side. I think if it is possible to forgo our most basic instincts (being the survival instinct), then it would be entirely possible to lose all connection with your physical form.

I once discussed this with a friend, and he believed that the highest stage in the human evolution would be the elimination of a physical presence, as it holds our conscious selves back.

I think you've said a lot there that I'm not sure I'm fully competent to parse :) May you ever feel the Force is with you!

For myself, my goal is to be Human, which includes - sometimes to my chagrin - a physical component. Whilst that is the stated goal, success is measured individually, with good and bad days...

I'm not certain that eliminating the physical is a part of being human. I believe it was the Dalai Lama who said there is a Buddhism for Alpha Centaurians, but it doesn't work for Humans... B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #173294 by
Replied by on topic Ariane

Arkayik wrote:

Ariane wrote: We can and we will transcend our human wiring.....

Can you explain the first belief statement.

Yes humans we will in the future become non-human. Therefore, think and feel differently. Either through genetic engineering, AI or nano technology. We will be able to hear our thoughts through technology and that communication technology will drastically change how we act, think and feel. Then we will change our biology through genetic engineering and then the new-humans will be biologically different, perhaps with special abilities. Rather than two genetic parents we will have millions of biological parents. Removing us from the family unit and have no familial relations. Then with AI we will become super intelligent perhaps shaping our beliefs and thought processes until we are no longer human.

I hope that answered your questions Arkayik
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi