Solar Roadways

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #148479 by
Replied by on topic Solar Roadways
Such a wonderful idea. It is simply too bad the oil lobbies will probably try to make sure it never sees the light of day (No pun intended). A lot of oil is used in asphalt, and a lot of oil, coal, and natural gas are used to make power right now. Those who cling to that money and power will not easily give it up. These roads would be a huge benefit to the planet. Not to mention the safety aspect, as well as how compatible these roads would be for driverless cars, which would further reduce accidents.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #148495 by
Replied by on topic Solar Roadways
Solar roadways are not likely to be put in place due to power that comes with owning such limited resource. The price of Oil and such resources is going to continue to rocket as the supply reduces and the demand increases. This could also be their down fall. The industries may be forced to invest in to and move in to such schemes to maintain the money they often feed on. Additionally if people started to use the technology for home and private land then the need and demand for the technology will increase and will increase the value and worth of a product. The more people use it and what it the more it is worth. It is how free social networking sites and apps are worth so much. People want it, the more who want it the more it is worth. If some how society becomes interested in the technology behind solar roadways and start to use it, it will draw in those with money. Yet how long will it take the majority to realise the need so this technology to continue in the way we currently live in the world is the bigger and most hardening question in my opinion.

More
9 years 11 months ago #148501 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Solar Roadways
I liked the idea, therefore I have donated. They reached their goal of 1 million btw

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135