TedTalks - A New Equation for Intelligence

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 2 months ago #139351 by Jestor
Oh I know the mechanics..;)

You know I busted ya, lol...

The point of the quote in the TedTalk, wasn't that the guy quoted thought those thoughts were correct, but rather he thought the importance of thinking thoughts like "is a computer thinking" about as important as "is a submarine swimming"...

If you define swimming as moving through the water under ones own power as swimming, well, yes it is...

But, if you define the submarine as not really in control of itself, and that its a machine being controlled with some automatic features..

Then, since our bodies are not really us, are we swimmming, or merely piloting this body through the water?

;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #139366 by Adder

Jestor wrote: Then, since our bodies are not really us, are we swimmming, or merely piloting this body through the water?

I came at it from not only are our bodies really us, but so is the water we are swimming in, and only draw boundaries on functional or systematic boundaries... with intelligence being a product of those parameters (perhaps).

Its fun to think from different angles. :blink:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi