Cold fusion reactor independently verified

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #107534 by
Too soon to be certain but this is the sort of advance that changes the world:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/156393-cold-fusion-reactor-independently-verified-has-10000-times-the-energy-density-of-gas

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Please note that it has yet to go through peer-review!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #107539 by

Akkarin wrote: Please note that it has yet to go through peer-review!

Awww....

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #107541 by ren

the scientists say that the cold fusion device they tested is 10 times more powerful than gasoline — which is currently the best fuel readily available to mankind.

please. even diesel is more efficient than petrol.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by ren.

More
10 years 11 months ago #107801 by Wescli Wardest
That is very interesting.

I wonder why Andrea Rossi and his colleague Sergio Focardi are so secretive about what’s in the “secret sauce?”
If they really have cracked this riddle and this is a viable source of energy; that would be awesome. And if it is clean energy that would be even better! I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

I hope for their safety.

Monastic Order of Knights

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #107804 by

Wescli Wardest wrote: That is very interesting.

I wonder why Andrea Rossi and his colleague Sergio Focardi are so secretive about what’s in the “secret sauce?”
If they really have cracked this riddle and this is a viable source of energy; that would be awesome. And if it is clean energy that would be even better! I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

I hope for their safety.

Well it could be fake lol

There might also be patent issues to deal with first before someone copies their idea...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #107806 by
This could be the best thing since language.

If they produced these, and sold them for a mere dollar more than it costs them to make, they would be the richest people on earth.

Even if it were fake, it's probably dangerous, with threats and such, for them to have gone this far.

With one of these (miniaturized of course) one could make a working lightsabre. :D

More
10 years 11 months ago #107812 by Wescli Wardest

Akkarin wrote: Well it could be fake lol

There might also be patent issues to deal with first before someone copies their idea...

Those were my first thoughts as well. But, I hate to pass judgment on others without reason.

I can’t imagine seriously trying to “pass off” a fraud in the scientific community. Perhaps there are patent issues to contend with. But, if that is the case, then to file they will have to divulge how it works to greater degree.

Many times, when something new comes up that can “revolutionize” the world, change things, those that stand to lose the most intervene. I just hope that greed does not overtake them or harm come to them if it is real.

Without knowing what the “secret sauce” is made of or how hard it is to come by, we don’t really know if the solution is practical… given that this is not a hoax.

I am curious as to the validity and practicality of this, all things considered!

More
10 years 11 months ago #107813 by Wescli Wardest
The idea is very tantalizing though. A controlled “burn” of 1578.38 F is relatively low and could be far easier to utilize safely and effectively. Now, if we could just come up with a better way to harness that than a “steam engine” (which is what almost all reactors are)…

I would like to see a more detailed analysis of the mechanics and the results of a few tests.

How are you going to post something this interesting without supplying corresponding reports and more detail? Now I’ll have to spend my lunch break looking into this! Thanx! :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #107826 by

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #107836 by
This is a good article:

http://www.universetoday.com/102398/cold-fusion-experiment-maybe-holds-promise-possibly-hang-on-a-sec/

Top comment:

Like a good magician, the authors never let you see the whole picture since there is a deception involved. This so-called experiment is not science. All of the methods and materials need to be fully discolsed such that anyone with the right equipment can reproduce the experiment in their own lab. There is no reason to hide details of their experiment unless they are being dishonest. Untold fame and a nobel prize awaits them if their discovery is real. I don't buy the notion that they are hiding details of their work so that like Edison they can mass produce the technology and become insanely rich first. If that is the case, then all the more power to them (pardon the pun.) I am not going to hold my breath on this one, as I was not born yesterday.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi