Gravities Center...

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #101530 by Wescli Wardest

Whyte Horse wrote:

Brenna wrote: I may have missed something in the thread, but I dont really understand the idea of something with only one polarity. Can you elaborate?

Gravity is a force with one polarity. It attracts, but never repels In terms of "the force" it means there's no dark side (and consequently no light side). I just used polarity as an analogy. To say the force is polar like gravity can be misleading though...

Which I find to be interesting… From the outside of an object gravity attracts another object to it. What if you were in the center of the object, gravities center of pull? Would gravity then pull you back towards the object but in every direction causing a sense of weightlessness? And if one was in gravities center, would the constant pulling from all directions help to maintain stability?

Or, if you were in the center of gravities pull, would there simply be no gravity and again you would experience weightlessness? In which case, if you moved from center and re-entered gravities affect you would be pulled/pushed back to the weightless center…

And in either case, how would you determine the difference? :blink:

I don't know the answer, but I wonder if anyone else might know? :huh:

Monastic Order of Knights

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #101534 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Re: Gravities Center...
Yes. A good example is in the center of the Earth. If you could pull it off, you'd experience a net force of zero at the center of the Earth. There is also a place called the point of no return between the earth and the moon which is where the gravity from both exactly cancels.

The only way you could measure a gravitational field in these circumstances would be to measure the curvature of space (a very very long string, lol).

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #101535 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic Re: Gravities Center...
As far as I know, gravity have a meaning when we have more than one object. For example, if in a universe, there is only one Atom, it doesn't have gravity...

I also remember that gravity is between 2 different objects, so... I guess if you are pulling everything, it means you are heavier and therefore the F between you and the other object, pulls that one to you... Although as you know movement is related on where you are defining as still. so...

Note: I'm not good at physics really :P I can't remember, I should look these again... but this answer came to my mind while reading the post.

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #101605 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Re: Gravities Center...

MCSH wrote: As far as I know, gravity have a meaning when we have more than one object. For example, if in a universe, there is only one Atom, it doesn't have gravity...

I also remember that gravity is between 2 different objects, so... I guess if you are pulling everything, it means you are heavier and therefore the F between you and the other object, pulls that one to you... Although as you know movement is related on where you are defining as still. so...

Note: I'm not good at physics really :P I can't remember, I should look these again... but this answer came to my mind while reading the post.

Yes. Gravity requires 2 or more bodies. A single particle still has mass and warps space around it, thus gravitates... but it doesn't attract anything if there's nothing to attract.
When one mass is larger than the other, they both experience the same force but the heavier object has more inertia (non-moving mass) than the lighter object so it accelerates slower than the lighter object.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MCSH

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #101630 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic Re: Gravities Center...
Again I would say movement is related on where you are defining as still..

If you are seeing the lighter object as still, that object's movement would be zero, and therefore the speed ( movement / time ) would be 0...

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi