Who, or What, are You?

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #75463 by Jestor

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lycaenion, Adder, Wescli Wardest, Alexandre Orion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75473 by
Replied by on topic Re: Who, or What, are You?
Very interesting article. Thank you for posting it.

However, how can you be freedom or emptiness? Can't you only experience it or witness it as you do any other feeling or vision?

I believe I am energy, but I have a feeling I'll be thinking about this idea all evening. :)

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #75481 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Who, or What, are You?

Wendaline wrote: However, how can you be freedom or emptiness? Can't you only experience it or witness it as you do any other feeling or vision?

I think it serves as a tool for relaxation, retraining or researching of the self, so to answer your questions I'd say - you cannot, and correct.

As they said in Dark Resurrection;

"the path to the truth is very long, only those who are close to death will know their true self. Its the will of the Force; once one understands their true self, one stops existing..."

:laugh: quoting fanfiction

Real death is zero energy, perhaps the breakdown of space-time itself!!!! Physical death is just transfer of energy. The point being who we are in its most true form depends on what we've done and what we will do.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75589 by
Interesting quote.

More
11 years 5 months ago #75647 by Wescli Wardest

But then people usually make a big mistake. They think that if they rest in the Witness, they are going to see something or feel something-something really neat and special. But you won't see anything. If you see something, that is just another object-another feeling, another thought, another sensation, another image. But those are all objects; those are what you are not.

Thank you Jestor... :)

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #75648 by

Adder wrote:

Wendaline wrote: However, how can you be freedom or emptiness? Can't you only experience it or witness it as you do any other feeling or vision?

I think it serves as a tool for relaxation, retraining or researching of the self, so to answer your questions I'd say - you cannot, and correct.

As they said in Dark Resurrection;

"the path to the truth is very long, only those who are close to death will know their true self. Its the will of the Force; once one understands their true self, one stops existing..."

:laugh: quoting fanfiction

Real death is zero energy, perhaps the breakdown of space-time itself!!!! Physical death is just transfer of energy. The point being who we are in its most true form depends on what we've done and what we will do.

You allready are emptiness. It's a pointing out instruction where becoming is used impartial arbitary way. I like that use of language, so both things are true in a way...
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75649 by

Jackofalltrades wrote: You allready are emptiness. It's a pointing out instruction where becoming is used impartial arbitary way. I like that use of language, so both things are true in a way...

i dont understand your 2nd sentence.

but if you mean that we are made of atoms, and those atoms are 90 something % empty space, then yes, we allready are emptiness. otherwise, i disagree.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75651 by
Sorry, I'll clarify. Say for example you were completly unaware that you were human. And a master said "become human." That's about the same thing as this...

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #75653 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Who, or What, are You?

Jackofalltrades wrote: Sorry, I'll clarify. Say for example you were completly unaware that you were human. And a master said "become human." That's about the same thing as this...

Right Jack...:)

People are asleep, most of the time, "I want enlightenment", "I want to know the secrets of the Universe", "Why are we here?"...

When they realize, how simple it can be, they are like, "that's it?"...

There is a mentality amongst humans to think that anything worth having, must be hard to attain/get/find...

We just make it hard for ourselves... Our internal enemy that you and I were discussing in the other thread... :)

Because we all understand different things in different ways, at different times, what might seem like repetition to some, is wholly different to another... (Wescli and I JUST discussed this via PM...)

I dont think I could have said it quite as succinctly...

Thanks...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 5 months ago #75655 by
"The bottom of the pail is broken through." —Zen Saying

:)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi