Light Side, or Dark? That is The Question

More
14 Jan 2020 10:36 #348389 by Brick

ghosty wrote: there is right and there is wrong, with or without the force.


Is there? What is 'right' and 'wrong'? How is it defined? Who defines it?


if a tree falls in the forest, and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
i still seek answer to this question.


Well, define 'sound'. If you mean 'sends a bunch of waves through the air', then science would suggest that yes, it does make a sound. If you mean 'something which is heard', the no, it doesn't make a sound as there is nothing around to hear it.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, OB1Shinobi, Kraz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2020 15:45 #348391 by Carlos.Martinez3

ghosty wrote: goodly gook.
there is right and there is wrong, with or without the force.
you can use, whatever metaphor you wish, and i support you, as best i am able.
i have been begging to ask this question...it seems you are correct person, if a tree falls in the forest, and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
i still seek answer to this question.



For me - questions like these have multiple answers. If your looking for one specific answer in questions intended to help ya thinking of more than one answer - you may be in a boat with a hole and a bucket. Intention is sometimes the color of our saber or the color of our robes. Intention gives wheels or flight to thought- for me.

If something makes noise and I’m or no ones around to hear it - still makes a noise , I’m just not present to hear it - I missed it. Still makes a noise.
So many different people have different answers for this and many more ideas out there. How do you see it ? Does it make a noise? For you ? Why ask this specific question? What’s the intent? Force so time to be with ya.
www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clerg...ock?start=380#348365

Check this out if ya got time

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omhu Cuspor, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2020 16:03 - 14 Jan 2020 16:09 #348392 by Kraz
I remember reading a Norwegian book that tried to understand what "evil" was, written by a Norwegian philosopher (the book could be found here: www.bokkilden.no/filosofi/ondskapens-fil....do?produktId=118248 ).

SPOILER ALERT:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


That makes me philosophize that:
- You can also do evil to yourself, which is an important thing to remember, by doing things that are not good for oneself. That also includes "beeing to nice" and not stand for what's important for oneself.
- The evil got much depth, but it must always bee is seen in relations (both to others and oneself), the context it is done and what the outcome will be.
- Often there is no direct good choice, you can only make a less evil choice, either for person A, person B, yourself, etc.


The moral here is that evil is a highly concrete thing, and not an abstract/metaphysical thing.

The Gray Jedi Code (Leor Danal’s Final Code):
"Flowing through all, there is balance.
There is no peace without a passion to create.
There is no passion without peace to guide.
Knowledge blinds without the strength to act.
Power blinds without the serenity to see.
There is freedom in life.
There is purpose in death.
The Force is all things and I am the Force."
Last edit: 14 Jan 2020 16:09 by Kraz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, Omhu Cuspor, OB1Shinobi, Erinis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2020 22:07 #348399 by Fyxe
I think the light side and the dark side come out in what I see as two paths of ascension. There is the path of acceptance and the path of rejection. acceptance is going with the flow, accepting our place in the world and finding the beauty in all things. the path of rejection is one of pain and suffering, also necessary in our lives but not something we should strive for. however many still do without even really knowing it I think

Where ever you go, there you are. Make the best of it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 06:53 - 15 Jan 2020 06:54 #348412 by Adder
I think they are just statements of bearing relative to strengthening the complex of sub and super consciousness, and internalising and externalizing actions. Disrupt their functional coupling by focusing too much on one or the other, and one finds themselves taking backward steps in biopsychosocial health. So a dark side practitioner sacrifices aspects of the health and power for specific effect which has some useful merit to them. A light side practitioner balances to strengthen them all. So a grey, is just a normal person who wants the benefit of the light but keeps finding themselves walking a dark path... so in a way we are all grey, because the poles dance around and we're only human! But the labels stand as objectives and, if walked successfully, do have results.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 15 Jan 2020 06:54 by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 14:33 - 15 Jan 2020 15:17 #348423 by OB1Shinobi

Brick wrote:

ghosty wrote: there is right and there is wrong, with or without the force.


Is there?


I think its a mistake to expect objective, material proof to phenomena which are only relevant to the immaterial, subjective experiences of sentient beings. There may be no “right” or “wrong” for an asteroid, but we are not asteroids. Just because morality does not apply to every single thing that exists in the universe doesnt make it unreal.


What is 'right' and 'wrong'? How is it defined? Who defines it?


First, i guess its up to each of us to define it for ourselves as weve got to have some frame of reference by which to assess and choose our behavior. More broadly speaking, id expect many sectors to have input. Mental health professionals, social scientists, zoologists and evolutionary biologists, philosophers, theologians... the list probably goes on. A functional answer as to what is “right” might start with the idea of “win/win solutions” and build from there. To understand what is “wrong” maybe a sincere exploration into the myriad ways human beings have damaged and abused each other over the centuries.

“To be impeccable means to put your life on the line in order to back up your decisions, and then to do quite a lot more than your best to realize those decisions.”
-Carlos Castaneda
Last edit: 15 Jan 2020 15:17 by OB1Shinobi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 16:51 #348428 by ZealotX
Good and Evil are highly subjective. It often just depends on your point of view. In the bible the word "evil" is often translated from a Hebrew word that referred to calamity. A flood isn't evil but it can do more damage to your property than someone wielding a gun. A tornado isn't evil but it can definitely cause you to lose almost everything. However, even these events, as long as you don't lose your life or health, can be seen as positive things if it enables you to buy new stuff or get a new house, maybe move to a different city or state, find a new love, etc. Sometimes destruction is necessary for change to happen because we hold on to things, including the past. We get comfortable. We get complacent. We start yammering on about traditions and conserving the status quo without even realizing what harm that may be doing to ourselves and others but we don't know because we don't have the experience of something very new and different.

So in my perspective, relevant to my own life experience, I consider evil as actions that carry the intent to harm someone in a way that defies and denies our mutual human nature and connection and sacrifices them in order to fulfill some want. Like, forcing someone to have sex with you or murdering someone purposefully who never did anything to you. I consider these kinds of things universally evil because these are things we should all be able to agree, from our mutual humanity, that these are extremely bad and therefore wrong to do to each other. That fact that the majority can agree is what makes it universal. And no, everyone doesn't have to agree because there will always be someone who thinks in opposition or exception to the rule.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.