Akashic Records

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #198331 by
Akashic Records was created by
I remember hearing about it a long time ago.

For those who don't know what it is, it's a "library" of all the knowledge of the universe. Great thinkers of the world like Albert Einstein, Leonardo da Vinci and I think even a few artists and composers have been said to have tapped into this pool of knowledge somehow.

If anyone knows more about it I'd love to hear it!

*Also if anyone is able to tap into it also let me know :laugh: *

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #198333 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Akashic Records
One of the things I've been seeking for coming up to about [strike]2[/strike] nearly 3 decades now :lol:

I think its a method more then a library, ie a faster way to process and create wisdom, experienced as insight. It can be translated to sky or space, and so 'flying' can be seen as the 'means' to access it - as pointers to why I hold my current view.

Edit a bit more info. In Sanskrit a 'dakini' is a female embodiment of enlightened energy, literally means ‘sky-goer’, indicating one who traverses the 'sky' of the expanse of wisdom. The male version, daka, being literally 'hero' — the tantric equivalent of a bodhisattva.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Adder.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #198353 by
Replied by on topic Akashic Records
That's very interesting!

So if one is supposed to access it through 'flying' I'm guessing that means that things like meditation and maybe even hypnosis--things dealing with the mind and the spirit--are ways to access it.

There are two occasions that come to mind from this assumption:

1) Leonardo da Vinci used to light a candle and place it on a table at the foot of his bed. He would lie down and watch the dancing shadows in a sort of trans-like state thus exploring more of his unconscious mind. From there he would get ideas for his inventions.

2) Benjamin Franklin suffered from Narcolepsy (it may have been a different disorder), so whenever he would fall asleep he would already be in full R.E.M. slumber. So what he would do is lie down with a marble in his hand which he hung off the side of the bed, so that once he fell asleep the marble would drop waking him up while he was in the midst of exploring his unconscious mind.

More
8 years 8 months ago #198358 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Akashic Records
Everything I've seen about the Akashic Record has been that it is simply an astral repository of the sum total of human knowledge. The "flying" involved is typically full-scale astral projection, and the Record is an idea, not a "thing", really, unless you envision it as such. Some people have told me they envision it as a library, so that's what they see. Others are more non-linear thinkers, and try to use meditation to simply "pluck the knowledge they need from the air."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarran

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #198390 by
From what I have reviewed there are numerous (systems, practices, movements) that use language such as (out there, and travel)

On the flip side,

I heard that some law of attraction practioners, use the words like go into the vortex and pure potential
In the power of now, pure potential is also used
Edgar Cayce received medical informatioin in a hynotic state
Einstein used deep meditation

Personally, I believe that as the discipline of consistent meditation improves there is a broader view without needing to travel.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #198398 by
It is often spoken of when relating to a person wanting to access knowledge of their "past lives", according to the more traditional Hindu and Buddhist concepts of reincarnation (though I believe the term itself is Hindi, I could be wrong on this), I used to be a strong proponent of this particular view on life and death, though now I see it as largely irrelevant to my life as it only keeps me tied to the past and not in the present. As for accessing great universal wisdom through astral projection and such, I'm not averse to the concept, though I'm finding there's still much wisdom for me to gain by worldly means of trial and error to keep me busy for this lifetime. ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #198677 by
Replied by on topic Re:Akashic Records
I am currently using the past life philosophy as a way to look toward the future by exploring my past, but I agree with you on that last part

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi