Thou Shalt Not Kill (no killing whatsoever)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #175609 by
i believe that the bible is a highly intentionally misconstrued conglomeration of works that were often times intentionally misinterpreted to progress an agenda. some even say the bible is a spell. it is one of my favorite books.

the bible itself says as much.

on the other hand, i have been having negative feelings about killing that i did not used to have. i've hunted and eaten many sorts of clean and unclean animals. at the same time my dogs are my family and they need animal protein. i would still have to touch dead stuff even if i fed them only dry bagged dog food. unless, i could afford a helper to do it for me.

freshly killed meat is highly differentiable from store bought carrion or roadside carrion. ethics aside roadkill and natural carrion is highly nutritious and safe to eat if properly prepared. dogs are not true carnivores either. neither are many herbivores strictly herbivores. deer have been observed snatching birds out of biologists nets as well as eating nestlings of birds who build their nest in areas that they can access.

and who is to say that that mighty siberian tiger should eat russian cabbage? or the beautiful cat of bengal is bad for eating indian?
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175614 by
"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them of meat?" - bumper sticker

More
9 years 3 months ago #175622 by steamboat28

Rick D wrote: "If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them of meat?" - bumper sticker

they're also wrapped in leather and fur. just sayin'.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 3 months ago #175636 by ren
Those who kill for a living usually understand it as "Don't kill unless someone else tells you it's ok".

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175693 by

Rick D wrote: "If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them of meat?" - bumper sticker

Ah, the wisdom of bumper stickers! (irony)

People are made from meat too.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi