So easy, a caveman could do it....

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 6 months ago #164637 by Jestor
I understand Alan... Completely, and think i said something similar about my and someone speaking differently, and learning differently...

I am the way I am, and it seems some don't like it....

That's OK, more do, than don't... lol...

I'll sleep OK...:P

++++++++++++
No apologies Goken, none needed...:)

I like threads like this...

Oneiros suggested this would have been better suited as a PM exchange...

After Khaos posted last, I did send him a PM to discuss his views...

I hoped he would have chimed in, but he didn't...

Had this been a PM, all of this other stuff would have been missed....

I also loved the "dog" analogy...

I tried expressing the same sentiments using "love" and "beauty" in another thread...

Well done!!

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #164639 by Adder
Expanding into complexity is a good exercise in a workshop environment like the temple here, into simplicity or complexity, but I think the idea is to try and shape that exercise along the lines of the doctrine or how one has a specific Jedi path, IMO. It's not a competition, let's be cooperative and supportive while also keeping thT commitment to growth.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
9 years 6 months ago #164643 by Gisteron
What seems confusing to me is that the causes, the results and the emotional significance of the examples of grief and love, even with the example of the lost dog, are perfectly within the realms of science and understood increasingly well by it. I do not understand why you insist that science must be the process of hooking someone up to a machine and testing brain chemicals. Do you not realize that there is psychology? Do you not understand that the body of knowledge science provides is not all written in equations and is not all dry and mechanistic? Every discipline of knowledge acquisition that operates on the scientific method is a science, regardless of the form and structure of the knowledge it generates. Psychology is just as legitimate as chemistry and the fact that psychiatry exists is as clear an indication to the efficacy of the science that is psychology as it gets. Why do you insist it has to be neurobiology and neurochemistry instead? This is like saying that science has nothing to say about the motion of the planets because economy only deals with the mechanisms of the market.

Sorry for the off-topic post again. I'm genuinely curious why this misconception is so prevalent.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

More
9 years 6 months ago #164644 by Br. John

Attachment hb470cea.jpg not found

B. Kliban

Founder of The Order
Attachments:

More
9 years 6 months ago #164645 by Adder

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John

More
9 years 6 months ago #164646 by Br. John

Attachment hc104edc.gif not found

B. Kliban

Founder of The Order
Attachments:

More
9 years 6 months ago #164647 by Edan

Gisteron wrote: What seems confusing to me is that the causes, the results and the emotional significance of the examples of grief and love, even with the example of the lost dog, are perfectly within the realms of science and understood increasingly well by it. I do not understand why you insist that science must be the process of hooking someone up to a machine and testing brain chemicals. Do you not realize that there is psychology?

As I study psychology I think I can go someway to respond to this...

Psychology studies what people do, it studies the chemical reactions, it studies the influence behaviour has, but individual experience cannot be measured (I think). We can look at how people are similar in their reactions, we can know what those reactions do to the body, but we can't know that we feel the same. We can interview people and ask a hundred questions about what they're feeling and they may use the same words or the same images but still, 'emotional significance' is different to 'emotional experience'.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #164648 by

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #164653 by

Had this been a PM, all of this other stuff would have been missed.

Again though, it seems some have the ability to wield the forum as there tool when they have a personal axe to grind, and others get suspended for far, far less.

Passive aggressive bullying at its finest.

Still, what I stated that was quoted is still valid.

I won't lose any sleep either.

More
9 years 6 months ago #164655 by Adder

Khaos wrote:

Had this been a PM, all of this other stuff would have been missed.

Again though, it seems some have the ability to wield the forum as there tool when they have a personal axe to grind, and others get suspended for far, far less.

Passive aggressive bullying at its finest.

Still, what I stated that was quoted is still valid.

I won't lose any sleep either.

What do you mean mate? If you think anyone is 'grinding an axe' and doing something against the rules then contact a Forum Mod such (Adhara or I) by PM or pick a Council member to contact.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi