Q

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #130348 by
Replied by on topic Q
yes coyote . . . there is also the experience of purposefully stopping for an instant (or letting go completely) and allowing
a shift to occur from non-attachment to allowing a broader awareness

the OP seems to be speaking to the instantaneous experience of all having been shifting in a flash . .and your post is speaking to purposefully activating it . .by purposefully choosing to be still an instant . . .like what is available in doing so by going within

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #130350 by
Replied by on topic Q
Right. I guess I left out part of my point, haha. I feel like, especially in the beginning, the world-stopping happens by accident. People getting hit, by Rinzai or another source, getting startled or shocked, things like that. Unconscious things, to start. Then we find ways of achieving that state on purpose.
Possibly not relevant, just my first reaction to the quote.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #130351 by
Replied by on topic Q
Also, in rereading the rest of the discussion, I guess this is how humanity rolls. I mean, we developed the telescope before the microscope.

More
10 years 3 months ago #130352 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Q
I think what Q is reminding us, is that while we go "out there" in other places to evolve our understanding in ourselves and the universe, we will, in fact, discover the same thing and unimaginably more if we explored the nature of our own subjective consciousness, aspects of existence within us that we are not usually aware exist, because it cannot be found by looking outward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5kBqrHphjo

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #130358 by
Replied by on topic Q
Thanks Proteus . . another example of the purposeful

To talk about the sudden experiential shift in awareness AND the deliberate practice of going within has value . .
Both occur within . . each in a different way . . .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #130501 by
Replied by on topic Q
Here is a poem from my book "The Bells of Avalon" that I think reflects Q's words:

Stars Inside

I follow the stars at night.
I follow the stars inside.
Tomorrow will come to nothing
without the stars that shine.

How I wish to be in the sky,
shooting through the black of night.
But I know it is safer here
to feel the warmth of earth so near.

I follow the stars inside,
shooting through the black of mind.
I follow stars that hide
far beyond the known divide.

Sometimes I wish to fly at night,
shooting through the blackest sky.
But I choose the inner eye
that leads me to a truer sky.

Stars at night, stars inside.
Take you on a different flight.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #130946 by
Replied by on topic Q
That's a beautiful poem, Brian :) No offense to anyone here, but Q would most likely respond to all this talk like, "Stop blathering like an idiot". So it doesn't exactly "reflect" Q's words. He tends to be egocentric and highly critical, with a disgust toward how fascinatingly primitive the human race is. But he never gives up on us. That's probably his only endearing quality.

The context of the quote was that Q was causing Captain Picard to travel back and forth through time in order to understand the subtleties and paradoxes of time itself.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 months ago #130954 by
Replied by on topic Q
oh . . i thought i commented on that poem . . .it is really great. . . ty for sharing . .

lol Streen . . no matter what . . Q's line is a great line . . . multi-layered ..

yes . . . going back to go forward . . . .

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #140748 by Lykeios Little Raven
Replied by Lykeios Little Raven on topic Q

Streen wrote: I was watching the last episode of Star Trek The Next Generation, and I was reminded of something that I remembered hearing, but wasn't sure where it had come from. The quote is now in my signature, but here it is anyway:

For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you... not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

—Q

I can't help but agree with this philosophy, but I'm curious what you guys think of it.

Q is one of my favorite characters in Next Generation! He makes me laugh like a hyena every time he shows up, lol. That kind of mischief and trickery always intrigues me. Everything he does to the Enterprise and its crew is just for fun, it seems to me.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Lykeios Little Raven.

More
10 years 1 month ago #140791 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Q
Another example as to why Q rocks... :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96jPvL85MjM

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi