Terence Mckenna video

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #126562 by
Terence Mckenna video was created by

What is you guys opinion on him, I haven't seen that anyone has mentioned him yet. I personally think his videos are interesting to consider.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #126563 by
Replied by on topic Terence Mckenna video
I loved Terence McKenna, Drexid. He was an extremely intelligent and wise man.

I think many people consider him part of drug counter-culture and thus he frequently gets ignored (like Timothy Leary, who I also admire), which is too bad. He has much to offer. Granted, he goes off on his insane tangents every once in a while, but don't we all!

He wrote a number of interesting books, as I'm sure you're aware. My personal favorite is a collection of interviews with him called The Archaic Revival .

And his voice and unique philosophies are part of various music projects. If you haven't heard Alien Dreamtime (by Spacetime Continuum), it's pretty entertaining. I believe there is a video recording of that performance as well, but I've never seen it.

You might also appreciate his commentary in The Shamen's Re-Evolution .

I haven't checked out the videos you posted yet, but will when I have a moment. Thanks. :)
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #126582 by
Yes, Terence Mckenna is/was awesome.

Also, he was part o the drug counter-culture, he and his brother.

However thats really neither here nor there.

He still was a wise and intelligent man.

I would recommend his books and speeches to anyone.

Interestingly enough, many of his words, thoughts, etc are embraced by todays trans-humanists.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #126599 by
I too love Terence McKenna. I was also heavily into The Shamen due to their focus on spiritual exploration through rhythmic trance beats. So Re:Evolution was a delightful collaboration!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi